News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Original price for a '77 Clipper?

Started by <raj>, November 06, 2002, 08:34:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

<raj>

I'm trying to get insurance for an american clipper motorhome which I purchased recently used.  It was made and purchased back in 1977 and I don't have any way to find out the original purchase price.  My insurance company has quoted my insurance based an original purchase price of $21,000 for the 21 ft. model.  Is this a reasonable estimate of the ORIGINAL purchase price of such a vehicle?  Maybe some out there who still has one from then and knows how much they paid?

If the original price was less than $21,000 I can get a reduction in my insurance costs!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Please send directly to me as I'm not currently a regular reader of this list (but plan to join the club soon!).  My email address is <raj@cisco.com>.  Thanks!

Shayne

Sorry, I'm not much help on the original price issue... but I have FULL COVERAGE on my Clipper through Good Sam and 'Original Purchase Price' was never a question.  Fair Market Value TODAY was though...  I had to send pictures showing that it was indeed in excellent condition and not just a wreck waiting to happen...  I question the logic of insuring a 25 year old RV based on original purchase price.  
Shayne Barr
ACOC #3146

bobsled

I recently purchased a '77 American Clipper and insured it through AAA. The rv qualified me for multi-car discount and I just received a bill for the additional insurance through the end of this year for ..... $5. Yes, five dollars! So, I figure that for all of 2003 the additional insurance premium on the American Clipper at around 20-25 dollars more. This is with $500 deductable. I was never asked the original purchase price of the vehicle. Shop around for a new insurance company is what I would do.