News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Clipper Questions

Started by <Jack>, May 10, 2002, 08:37:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

<Jack>

All

I am looking around for a "smaller" RV, one especially suited for surf adventures.  Anyway
the Clipper seems to be in my price range, and is "low tech" enough to handle mechanics in
Baja.  

So I read the post regarding Chevy vs. Dodge platforms.  One question, what engine options
were available for the Chevy?

I have also read different versions of gas mileage.  What should I realisticly expect with the 440, 360,
chev model?  Has anyone switched the engine over to electronic ignition or fuel injection?  
Has anyone seen any mileage improvements?  How about a manual tranny?

I also noted some ACs with gensets?  Is this common, and if so, what kw output do they have?

Were there differences in fridge sizes for the different models?  I want the "largest" fridge possible of course,
gotta keep the cervesa cold.

And I am sure this last question will spark lively debate, but in "your" travels, which layout
do you like for space, or would recommend?  My priority is living space, and not a
roomy bathroom.

THanks for all the help!

Jack
Santa Cruz, CA

milliraye

I own a 1976 rear kitchen 21 ft bunk model, Mine has an electronic ignition and runs great. My registration says it is a 360 but my manifold says 440