News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Seat belts & Childrens' Safety

Started by <Casey Christopher>, April 13, 2002, 04:16:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

<Casey Christopher>

I am considering the purchase of a 1976 21' AC, but I have two small children (8mos & 4yrs), and am concerned about their safety.

Has anyone faced this problem?  Is it a problem?  Has anyone ever installed extra seatbelts in the rear areas?

Thx!

Horst

I don't know what kind of floorplan you have, but I have a 821F.
(You can go to the home page of this web site and open the  floorplans link near the bottom of the page)

I mounted two seatbelts on my rollover couch. I removed the couch, and mounted them on the plywood (drilled through the plywood and inserted bolts) - gained access to the bolts from the outside storage bin, and reinforced everything. I was then able to strap easily strap in two child seats. Turned out good - got the seat belts at Kragen, the hardware from Orchard Supply, and the whole job took a couple hours.
Horst
ACOC  #2961
'75 Clipper 821F, Dodge 360........sold it in 2015.......now running a Ford F-250 towing a 2008 Layton trailer.

<Casey Christopher>

The 821FC is now at our home.  One fellow suggested that the pivoting seats (right side) add to the safety of riding children if they are sitting back - he says in case of impact, the chair would likely swivel around with its back toward the impact, thus protecting the children to a degree.

We will look into installing seat belts in these seats.

Thanks for your help.  - Casey