News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

AC Advice Please

Started by wbault, May 13, 2006, 10:46:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wbault

We are considering buying an American Clipper. We have found a 1978 21' model in San Diego that is in fair shape. Runs well, etc. The owner wants $9K. This seems high to us. What would the typical price for this coach? Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks for your help,

ba

Shayne

You will find that the prices of American Clippers are higher than most other motorhomes the same age.  The Clippers were built very well.  As there isn't really a blue book for rigs this age, you are left to decide for yourself what it's worth.  One suggestion would be to check the classifieds here and see what others are being listed for.

$9,000 for a Clipper in good running order and good condition inside and out is not unheard of.  It would be hard to know without really seeing the particular Clipper.
Shayne Barr
ACOC #3146

bigray

Unfortunately..........I'm about to sell my Clipper to anyone interested. I took photos and put together a write up this weekend. I haven't posted it yet.

Keep in mine that I'm in Houston; however, I didn't remove any of the smog equipment for those on the West coast. Actually, the smog pump is new. I replaced it after it started to squeak. In fact, everything on the front of the engine is new..........but please don't get me started... I didn't think I'll ever part with it but I have not camped in it for 6 months and I don't want to have it sitting in storage. She needs a good home...........heck I might have to do a background check on interested parties ..........LOL!

Robert P. Anderson

You might look in the classified section on this website