News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

We Need a Windshield! Yikes!

Started by coloradocully, February 20, 2021, 06:56:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coloradocully

Our 1977 Clipper "The Diggler" has a severely damaged windshield. Still in tact, but not looking very good!

We have tried EVERYWHERE to find a replacement and have had no luck. We are even told it is obsolete and not made any more.

Anyone have one? We have money! 8)
-or-
Anyone know a way to keep the cracks from spreading in case we just need to ride it out with this one?
-or-
Anyone know a windshield that could work to replace it? We know the part number is DW00760 and not looking good to find one. Probably unrealistic, but anyone know a windshield that would be "close enough" to act as a substitute? (if such a thing can be done in the world of windshields)

Looking for any experience, strength and hope the ACOC has to offer. Thanks as usual and safe travels, guys!

-Cully

Clipper Joe

Cully,
Hello & Welcome,
Any 1975-1979 Dodge B-300 Van 3/4 Ton
Will Work. Try Your Local Wrecking Yard, They
Have A Hot Line From Wrecking Yards All Over.
Also Check  Vtg.Auto Glass Shops.
I Will Try And Make A Few Calls to see If I Can
Find You One.

What State Are You In??
Hope This Helps,
Clipper Joe
1977 Dodge 440  Rear Kitchen
Note: Clipper Sold: (Miss It)
ACOC#3749
Now Own 2002 Class A Diesel Pusher

JCBoyce

If you still need a windshield there is one on e bay for 78.75 if you have the dodge.
If it helps warren truck pant 3 used a front dodge van body for the MB 300, CB300,  ( which for the van was a B 100 / 200 / or 300 some even had the same front axel components. I have a 1980 24 MB 400 bunk house that replaced my 1976 21' rear galley but it was built in a 1979 frame and nose with a 1980 grill. ) I bought the 78/79 dealers parts catalog
I hope it helps.

JCBoyce

rvguy101

Wrecking Yard try that first, me i got my from a Wrecking Yard for $100. some Auto Glass Shops will make one for you, cut it to fit.
77 dodge clipper, with 20,000 miles. & a 85 Vogue motor coach diesel 35 foot.