News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Hood Scoop For Fresh Air

Started by Clipper Joe, July 22, 2014, 06:03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clipper Joe

Hi All,

Working With A Guy In Fl, He Makes Racing Hood Scoops, They Are Well Made. He Does Not Have The Right Size That Can Be Incorporated To Fit The American Clipper Hoods, I Have Talked Him Into Making For Me One To The Specs. I Have  E-Mailed Him, The Problem I Have Found Is Most Of The Import Styles Are Cheap But Are Glued On. This One Will  Be Laminated With 5 Layers Of Fiberglass & Has A Bolt On Mount & Rubber Seal Around Scoop. It Will Fit In Between The Brown Striping, So Should Belen In Well On Front Hood.
I Am Planning On Getting A Replacement Hood, & I Will Mount & Mold It In Place, So I Will Leave MY Stock Clipper Hood Intact. Will Post More Info When I Get This Done. If This Works Out & Helps, With Lowering Temperature With In Doghouse & Keep Engine Compartment Cooler, Should I'm Hoping On Better MPG. ;) Has To Be Tested In Wet Weather Conditions Also.. It Has A Stainless Steel Screen To Keep Bugs & Debris Out, Also I Was Planning On Adding More Screen, When I Cut Through Top Of Hood.

If This Works Out Going To Talk To Mel ACOC Clipper Supply Office & Maybe Able To Order Some For Club Members.

Please Let Me Hear From Any Clipper Owners Who Have Tried Something Like This. I  Know Steve Fine Is Also Looking Into Something That Will Help In Reducing Cab Heat..

Thanks,
Joe
1977 Dodge 440  Rear Kitchen
Note: Clipper Sold: (Miss It)
ACOC#3749
Now Own 2002 Class A Diesel Pusher

kenmel

Ken and Melissa, 1978 821 FIT, rear kitchen. ACOC #3805

Casti891

Interested in seeing if this worked out as well!

LuluLove

I'd be open to getting one if it works out as well.

Clipper Joe

Hello,
I Installed Mine, It Took A Little Fab Work.
I?m At Present Time In Southern Calif.
Visiting Family.
When I Return In A Week Or Two, Ill PMYou
We Can Go Over Process. On What I Did On My 1977
Clipper.

Thanks
Clipper Joe
ACOC#3749

Clipper Joe

Hello,
Just A Short Note: These Scoops Work Best On
Clipper Rigs With 440 Ci V-8 Engines.
They Let A lot Of Air In To The Carb.

I Also Have A Free Flow K/N Air Filter, That Helps With The Air Flow.
Help Engine Breath Better.

I Have Had Good Service With Mine.
ACOC#3749