News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

HELP!!!! Clearance lights wiring

Started by Andy Illes, September 23, 2004, 04:59:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy Illes

Hi all.  I have this same post in the Tech Forum without luck so far and need an answer/solution.... please, please, PLEASE.

I finally got around to trying to install the new clearance lights Mel sent. They all have a green and a white wire..... BOTH of mine are hot!! (DUH... wonder why they didn't work?!?!?) One should be a ground, not hot. Where does that circuit start and end????? I'm heading back to FL this weekend and would really like to fix it.

Thanks

Robert P. Anderson

You are probly getting a back feed through the bulb.
Take the bulb out tnd check thr continuity .
The green wire should only go to the outside brass that holds the bulb.
The white should go to the center that touches the point on the bottom of the bulb.
The white is the hot - the green is the ground. 8)

Andy Illes

Thanks Bob I sincerely appreciate your input, but what I need to know is where that circuit starts and ends (or supposed to) so I can find where the "ground" is connected to power instead, I suspect under the dash somewhere since I had to have that rewired after that whole harness fried.... do you know?  Both wires read 12v to ground with the wires snipped, so it's not a bulb/feedback issue, though I understand what you mean.

Thanx, Andy

Andy Illes

I just talked to Mel Guerrera and he knew the answer.  The wires gather above the driver's seat and come down the windhield pillar.  I already had my instrument cluster out, so the wires were easy to find.  My white and green wires had both been erroneously spliced into hot leads from the light switch.  The green's now grounded, and my clearance lights work.....  :D  :D