News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Painting the Fiberglass body of a Clipper

Started by bigray, August 16, 2004, 11:40:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigray

Hi All,

Has anyone attempted to paint the body of their Clipper? I'm wondering if I should let a bodyshop do it or use a boat repair outfit.

Wondring if there is a special process for painting the fiberglass.

handyman

Big Ray I don't know who the owner is but theres a clipper running around Modesto CA. thats all high gloss paint same color as old paint looks great the cab and house are the same but no stripes,

P.S still waiting for the pictues to be posted he told me he got them so it's just a matter of time untill he has time to load them

bigray

Mine is at the paint shop now. I told the guy once the cab is done I would like to see it. Perhaps I will paint the rest.

75clipper

and now there is one in ceres

Quote from: "handyman"Big Ray I don't know who the owner is but theres a clipper running around Modesto CA. thats all high gloss paint same color as old paint looks great the cab and house are the same but no stripes,

P.S still waiting for the pictues to be posted he told me he got them so it's just a matter of time untill he has time to load them

John Eversoll

It depends on how good you are with a sprayer...

I have painted my cab and it looks great. The only thing you need to do with the body is sand and prime the whole thing and make sure that you patch any cracks with fiberglass resin. sand and prime and sand and prime
Then onece you start spraying !!!!! DO NOT STOP make sure you have enough paint and a scaffold
I saw one painted Sea Foam green" Real Bitchen!!!
I am going to go for a Medieum Blu metalic.  Just can't stand the wht anymore..
John