News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

FRIDGE IN 78 CLIIPER WON'T STAY LIT

Started by PapaBearB, October 24, 2003, 08:04:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PapaBearB

CAN ANYONE ADVISE ON MY FRIDGE IN MY 1978 CLIPPER
WON'T STAY LIT IN PROPANE MODE. IT WORKS FINE IN
ELECTRIC MODE.  THIS JUST HAPPENED ON MY LAST TRIP
OCT 2003.  IT ALWAYS WORKED BEFORE.  WHAT CAN I DO TO CHECK OUT THIS PROBLEM.  ITS A DOMETIC GAS/ELECTRIC FRIG.  I HAVE A SIDE KITCHEN/REAR BATH MODEL 21'  

HPotter

When this happens in gas appliances like fridges and water heaters, it often is a failure of the little probe that is heated by the flame and cuts off the gas if the pilot goes out.
Harold, ACOC #886

AndyIlles

Hi PapaBear.

This is my first post.... just discovered the site and it's AMAZING!!

I just got my Clip (76 rear kitch/bath) 2 mos ago and found the same problem with both my fridge and water heater.  I made 2 fixes.  As the previous post noted, it's a pilot light problem.  My pilot flames; a)weren't directly under the capilary tube, and; b) got blown out on the road.  Needle-nose pliers can bend the pilot/capillary brackets to get in the right place (pilot flame directly below the tube), and squares of aluminum roof flashing, with a right angle bent on one side and screwed down, blocked direct wind.  They haven't gone out since.