News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

New Curtains, Easier

Started by phyllaurie, April 10, 2003, 03:46:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phyllaurie

I'm refurbishing/redecorating my new '78 bunkhouse (4 coats of paint on everything inside). As I take things apart I am finding out how really well-built these American Clippers are. It took me 2 hours just to get the valances (the padded boards above the windows) down from the cab/over bed! Anyway, I couldn't find a way to slide the plastic curtain thingies off the track on the front of the bed, so I ripped the curtains off the thingies and glue-gunned velcro squares (the hook side) to each one. Now I can instantly hang new curtains to which I 've sewed the fuzzy side of the velcro (I sewed them a few inches apart, but you could just sew or glue the whole strip of fuzzy along the top of the new curtain).If you use fabric that already sticks to the hook side you won't even need to sew the other part on. I did that to all the curtains now.  
While I had the valances down, I added the brackets for a curtain rod to the inside of the valance. You can buy rings which clip on to any fabric, so you can have instant curtains.

Hope this will help someone.
Phyllis

Teresa

What a great idea.  Thanks.