News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Replacement kitchen faucet

Started by jprothlin, June 24, 2002, 08:48:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jprothlin

I just purchased a used 1977 American Clipper, and have been unable to stop a leak in the kitchen sink faucet.     It is a single-hole mount, single-lever faucet with a swivel spout.  Anyone know where I can pick up an affordable replacement faucet that will fit this model?

sabenorio

Hi, I too have need to replace my kitchen faucet. Did you find a suitable replacement? Thanks.

Joel Sabenorio
928 Membership No.

Shayne

Mel used to have O rings that could fix some problems with the faucets.

Otherwise, you just have to replace it.  I put one in mine from Costco.  Just a standard single hole faucet.  BUT.. the hole already int eh sink is too small.  You have to remove the sink and enlarge the hole a bit.  Also, it's on a bit of an angle.  A few people have been able to bend it a little without messing it up too bad.  I just left mine the way it was.  If you use a standard faucet, I would recomend getting one that has the extendable wand on the the hose.  Useful for filling large pots etc.
Shayne Barr
ACOC #3146

nhoj03

check out faucetdepot.com, I bought a Moen that is awesome and fits perfectly with alittle cutting involved in sink hole. it is a lever style and works great, around $50.00
1975 American Clipper, 21ft Rear Kitchen, Dodge 360, 521F