News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

clipper scam on craigslist

Started by jolene, February 27, 2018, 07:30:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jolene

Buyer Beware   Twice I have come across clippers listed on Craigslist with only picture and $5000.  Both
have the same story of husband died.,bad memories and will sell and deliver for $5K   One was in St. Louis Missouri and one is Los Angeles Ca.  She will email lots of pictures of a really nice unit but the story is the
very same...Its a scam for sure...

Toedtoes

Scams like this are all over craigslist for RVs. I'll have to look it up and see if I can identify where the photo came from.
'75 American Clipper Dodge 360 821F; ACOC #3754

rvguy101

now days on craigslist, un-less they will say they will show it to you. u know it real. but the last 2 rv's, i got was off Craigslist. & the guy selling them, gave his email so u can ask about them. & will set up a time, to show them. & he will give u his phone, so u can call to if u want to. for me, it just easy to ues email, to set something up. will say, ues your head. if it to good to be real. move on, if it someone who will set up a time to show it. but why will u post in the la & st, louis ones. i only saw for the city they live in. i hope u flag them for spam. but i will also say, don't say something to them about it. why u never know what they will do. let craigslist deal with it. as the old saying, better safe them sorry. true now days.
77 dodge clipper, with 20,000 miles. & a 85 Vogue motor coach diesel 35 foot.

jolene

thanks guys...I check craigslist nationwide daily for clippers  for sale and that how I saw it was the same
e and she had sent about 40 pictures of a very nice rig..really dolled up too and immaculate cond.but realized it was the exact same story and who sells something and offers delivery like I would buy something sight unseen and have it delivered to my home..lol   that is a first.  anyway I guess someone might take her up on it...I don't know how to report her as spam or I would...I guess I will keep looking and I will only deal in person with cash after I hear it run and take it for a spin...best way to know what I am getting..so far I been lucky on the 2 I have bought..i got both off the American Clippers fan page and both were from people who saw I was looking and decided to contact me.  Happy trails and safe travels to all my clipper buddies.

rvguy101

on craigslist, clink on the post. on the top there something that says  prohibited[?] with a box. u can flag it as spam, & craigslist will remove. & if u can't see it, or they won't let u. well something is up. the 2 i got off it, was after u come to see it. & the deal is done, was up to me. to get to my house or shop.

jolene

I see they moved the scam to jerseyshores... so first it was St. Louis then Los Angeles and now jersey.
Same picture and price...they don't give address or cell number just a email to contact...I did report
this as a scam. 

rvguy101

if that is the pic of it. well it my. & unless u want to tow it everywhere. it don't got a engine right now, & needs a lot of work for the road. how they got it i don't know. but it not for sell, at all.

listeur

I have to sell my clipper...If anyone is interested I'd rather have a member buy it- and will reduce it accordingly. Email for more details...
Grant
https://denver.craigslist.org/rvs/d/1979-american-clipper-v8-440/6572918739.html

Teresa

Sure wish it was on the west coast, I would buy it