News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

What do you do when on a road trip?

Started by Toedtoes, February 04, 2014, 09:04:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toedtoes

I thought it might be fun to start are thread about the types of stuff we do when we're out on the road in our clippers.  So here is my list:

1. Photography, photography, photography! I love taking photos and the clipper has made it even more fun to do.
2. Hiking with the dogs.  I love to camp at a site with trails and scenery that I can enjoy.
3. Kick back with friends.  Sometimes, it's just enough to pull out the camp chairs and sit around the clipper chatting and laughing.
4. Quiet time.  Bat-dog (the "little" one with the attitude) has a rule that when it gets dark, we go inside and cuddle.  So that is the time I listen to some music and/or read for a while before bed.  It's a nice way to end the day.

So how about you?  How do you spend your time when traveling with the clipper?
'75 American Clipper Dodge 360 821F; ACOC #3754

Sfine

First and foremost.....  Enjoy the moment !   at that very moment.
The fact that many of us can get in our Clippers or S.O.B. 'S and go most anywhere, at any given time and stay at some of the most beautiful places that California and nearby states have to offer, is nothing less that empowering on so many levels.  It frees the mind and Spirit in a way only a road trip can.
With that said..we enjoy the newness of each different or new surrounding, the smells, the new view out the kitchen window, and the fact that we are elsewhere besides home and the landline.
Often we have enjoyed local fairs and even a Concourse de' Elegance car show where we can retreat from the crowds and take a break,, eat a snack, regroup and go back and play all day long.
( nooners?!) hey you asked !!!!
On the longer road trips we find early morning hikes will reward us with stunning sunrises. Then it's coffee and a killer breakfast and the day is all about investigating what is to offer around us. We both enjoy casual bike riding and reading about the vicinity when we travel...biking feeds the exploratative mind, books calm them. Backgammon is fun in the evenings when weather keeps you near the heater, and we always enjoy meeting our neighbors...well usually always !!  Then there is target shooting!!! Kidding!!!!
Nothing in concrete...every trip is so different from the next, and that's why We keep on Clipping.!
Walks through the campsites always reveals something unexpected and entertaining,,that's fun !
A lot of useless info.. But a fun read just the same. 
Ok someone else's turn now.............!       
1979 440 Dodge 21' Bunk      #3766
     Murphys, California