News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Clipper being scrapped in Denver

Started by listeur, June 27, 2014, 08:08:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

listeur

Sad day for me- we were returning from a weekend outing and some guy was yelling and honking. Turns out he just scrapped a clipper and wanted to let me know. I went to the yard where it was and had a look at it. I took some pictures and will be back as soon as I'm allowed to start pulling parts. Looks they tore it open to get the engine and tranny out- other than that most everything looks to be there. It's very sad to see such a nice clipper scrapped. I want the awning and some of the internals...If anyone needs anything- please let me know.

Grant

Toedtoes

That is just horrid.  They really tore him up.

I would have loved to grab some inside lighting items, but they're the wrong model year for my clipper...  Those seats look good from the back and have armrests - someone may be interested in those.
'75 American Clipper Dodge 360 821F; ACOC #3754

Clipper Joe

Hi Grant,
It Is Always A Shame, To See A RV In This Shape,
Did You Get A Chance To See Rear Bumper, & Being In Calif.
I Would Like To Get It, If It Has Good Chrome & Not Bent.

Can You Let Me Know?, Please PM Me?

Thanks For Sharing This, Do You Know The Year & Make,

Joe
1977 Dodge 440  Rear Kitchen
Note: Clipper Sold: (Miss It)
ACOC#3749
Now Own 2002 Class A Diesel Pusher

Panel Pete

That really is a sad sight. I saved my clipper from the same fate. The last owner (a good friend of mine) had taken ownership of what is now my clipper for the same purpose - he wanted the engine and transmission for one of his car projects (a 1960 dodge dart). After I laid my eyes on the old gal I made him an offer he couldn't refuse -  I traded him for a recently rebuilt 1970 440 with heavy duty internals. In the end we both won, He is now the owner of a great engine that currently powers his car and I have a great RV that my family can enjoy!

As far as parts are concerned - I could use the roof rack (mine missing) and possibly the back ladder (mines bent) but am a bit doubtful it would work out due to shipping cost to northern CA.   
440 powered 77' Clipper, model 821FC

Nothing is fool proof to a talented fool.......

Clipper Joe

Hi Pete.

If You Get To One Of The ACOC Rally. When Mel The Supply Officer Is There. He Has A lot Of Parts For Rear Ladders. He Is Working On A Retro Set-Up On The Stand Offs & He Has In Stock The Straight & 60 Deg. Brackets, On Clipper Jr. ;D He May Have A Complete Unit At His House, He Gets A lot Of Old & Wrecked Clippers, You May Want To PM Him & Give Him The Year & Make Of Your Clipper & He Can Bring One To The Rally, If He Knows You Will Be There. He Doesn't Charge Shipping That Way. Only If He Has To Mail Parts Out.

That Was A Good Deal For You On The 440 Motor For One Of The Best RV's Out There. You Got The Best End Of That Deal. ;)  Have You Had Your RV On Any Trips Yet??

Take Care,
Joe & Denise
ACOC#3749

wackyman9183

Pete,
I'm actually looking to remove the roof rack and ladder off my clipper. Some of the brackets are a little tweaked. But rack rail is in great shape. And one of the ladder rails is a little bent (very easy to fix).  Your welcome to it. Especially if you help remove it. lol. You might just have to get a couple new brackets. I'm out of Modesto, Ca. Let me know.

clearblueskymind

Hello, I've been looking for a good emergency vent for over my bed.  Mine is cracking and leaking fairly often now.  Apparently this size emergency hatch is no longer available new. Does this Clipper being scrapped have the emergency vent in good condition?  Thanks, Richard

Clipper Joe

Hi Richard,
I Have A Vent Escape Vent Hatch & Screen,
It Was A Nos From Trailer Supply Shop,
Had It On My Clipper For About 3-4 Years.
It Is In Good Shape: 15" X 22"

Where Do You Live? Are You ACOC Member?

I Really Like To Have Spare Parts I Get For Our Members, But Just Owning A American Clipper, Should Be Fine This Time :D

Send Me A Personal MSG With You Contact Info To Clipper joe

Thanks,
Joe & Denise
ACOC#3749

sandeelfly

I need a rear bumper....

sandeelfly@gmail.com

Thanks,
Bill Althoff
Ogden Utah
NAVY Veteran
Naval Security Group
1969-1979
Retired, now Fly fishing and oil painting.

sandeelfly

I need a rear bumper..

thanks,
NAVY Veteran
Naval Security Group
1969-1979
Retired, now Fly fishing and oil painting.

Hi Grant
I really need a sending unit from it's gas tank and if possible the gas gauge. Also the upper left kitchen cupboard door.
Been looking high and low any help would be great    Thanks 8774860

RenoClipper

Hi, I know it's been a while since the original post, but I was wondering if parts are still available. I do need a new roof rack.
Somehow mine got tangled on a tree branch and tweaked it a bit ...

Thanks!
Rob

Clipper Joe

Hi Rob,
That Clipper Has Probably Been Scrapped By Now.
Are You A Member Of ACOC?,You Would Be Able To Get Parts Through Supply Officer Of Club.
His Name Is Mel, And He Has Acess To New & Used Clipper Parts. He Has Also Ladder Parts On Clipper Jr. Parts Trailer & Just Got Some Nice American Clipper Entry Mats.

There Is A Members Application Form On This Web Page, They Are Taking Members Now.

Hope This Helps, If One Comes Available Will Post Contact Info,

Joe
ACOC#3749

RenoClipper

Thank you Clipper Joe!
I'll look at the membership form and join up.
Thanks!
Rob

Clipper Joe

Hi Rob,
I Did A Search & Found A Nice Universal Rack & Ladder.

Made By Surco. They Sell Racks & Ladders.
They Are On Sale Now With Free Shipping.
$94.64.  Looks Nice.

813.769-2451

Please Let Us Know If You Get It & Install It, Will Help Other Members.

Joe

ACOC#3749