News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

New LED light fixtures

Started by wackyman9183, June 26, 2014, 03:18:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clipper Joe

Hi Rd Ready,
Read Your Post On LPG System, Hope I Can Explain From Memory.
Remember My Clipper Is A 1977, But I Think All Are Plumb The Same.

From Tank You Have A Rubber LPG Hose From Regulator ( Note: This Is A Special Hose For LPG Liquid Petroleum Gas) ::) I Used A Black Electrical Cover Sleeve Around Mine I Can Try & Get A Photo, Just To Keep It From Rubbing, Then It Goes To A 1/2" Black Pipe @ Rear Wheels They Are Supported With Brackets. Then They Run On Each Sides. Connected Are Brass & Copper Tubing, To Furnace, Oven/ Stove, Fridge. There Is Also Some Shut Of Valves, Main Valve @ LPG Tank, Also Should Have A Shut Off Valve For Fridge & Furnace, I Don't Think There Is On For Oven/ Stove. These Copper Tubes Are Flared Fitting, If You Are Not Sure, You Should Have A Gas Pro Mech. Working On Them. Also You Can Get, Gas Leak Detector From Plumbing Parts House, Some People Use Soap & Water, I Like  A Leak Detector Unit Or Liquid. Remember  You Should Install, A LPG & Carbon Monoxide Sensor If You Are Going To Live In Your Unit.   ;) Also A Smoke Alarm Would Also Be Nice.... ;D

Hope This Helps,

Joe

1977 Dodge 440  Rear Kitchen
Note: Clipper Sold: (Miss It)
ACOC#3749
Now Own 2002 Class A Diesel Pusher

Rd Ready

:D Thanks for getting back to me on that Clipper Joe, I guess I better call the local R.V. doctor.. and then let Him read your post. on the Subject.. Although it wouldn't hurt for me to just have a look-see.I have been meaning to get one of these  Carbon Monoxide Sensor, thanks for the reminder.. Cause yes I am living in mine full Time, although I don't cook in it yet.  :-\ don't want to chance it yet. But I sure appreciate the Detailed advice.. thank you Sir..  ;D

Clipper Joe

Hi Rd Ready,
It's Always Better To Be Safe Then Sorry,
LPG Can Fry That Clipper, Un Less Webster Is Fire Proof. :-[

You Can Do Some Of The Tests At Fittings, Turn On LPG Valve,
Make Sure You Set Oven To Pilots Off. Make Sure Furnace Controller Is In Off Position, @ You Have Fridge In Off Gas Position. Then Make Up Some Liquid Dawn Soap & Use A Brush & Put On Fittings & If You See It Bubble You Have A Leak.

But Make Sure, No One Smokes In Or Around RV, While You Have Propane (LPG) Valve On... ;)

Remember, If You Do Find A Small Leak, Use A Tubing Wrench & Back-Up Fitting To Tighten Do Not Over Tighten, Just To Stop Leak.
I Think You Will Be Fine.
Let Us Know How You Make Out.

If Unsure Always Seek A Gas Pro, Who Works With LPG. ;)

Joe

1977 Dodge 440  Rear Kitchen
Note: Clipper Sold: (Miss It)
ACOC#3749
Now Own 2002 Class A Diesel Pusher

Koamileli

Just a quick add-on for folks looking to upgrade to LED interior lighting...I wanted to keep the original aesthetic of the lamps so I ended up going with LED conversion bulbs. The first batch I bought put out a very harsh white light that I was not a fan of. The second batch I bought was a very warm yellowish-white hue that closely mimics the original incandescent bulbs. If you like the same warmer lighting, they are the JAVR 10-3000k warm white 1156 bulbs on Amazon. A pack of 10 will ship with Prime for less than $14, and two packs will get the entire interior done. It also goes without saying...I can't believe what a difference they make with conserving power!