News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Why Does the Rain Fall When You Plan a Camping Trip!!!

Started by Toedtoes, March 05, 2014, 12:26:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toedtoes

Last November, I wanted to take one last camping trip.  So, I scheduled a few days off work and planned my trip.  Without fail, the ONLY rainfall occurred during the few days I planned my trip.  Since I had a few other issues, I canceled the trip.

Fast forward, I've got a week off work and thought "HEY, the weather's perfect, I'll go camping for a few days!"  So, I plan it all and without fail, the rain is scheduled to be 100% during my planned days.  So, I looked at the extended forecast and it shows no rain starting the day I would be coming home for the rest of the week.  So, I decide that I'll push the trip back by a few days and go while it's not raining.

YEP!!!  Now it's supposed to rain on one of my two full days on the trip.  So, now I'm in limbo waiting to see if the rain expands to other days, stays the same, or minimizes.  I AM GOING CAMPING!!!   It had all winter to rain - stop doing it when I have plans!   :'(
'75 American Clipper Dodge 360 821F; ACOC #3754

retrorob

I feel your pain.

I live in Washington state. I regularly camp on the Olympic peninsula. It is a sub-temperate rain forest. Guess what? It rains there. I have set myself up for rain. I carry a 10 foot collapsible awning to go over the picnic table, rain slickers and scotch guard everything except the dog.

When I plan a trip I don't look at the forecast, I just go. If I don't get rain. Great! If I do, I'm prepared.

Moral of the story, fill the bathtub with dry wood and roll. Dont forget the fishin pole and the J.D.

Toedtoes

OK, I was whinging.  ;)  You put things into perspective for me Retrorob.  Next trip I will not care if it rains, I will just go anyway and enjoy the peace and quiet.  Of course, I did discover a leak in my kitchen vent during that rain - so I'm working on sealing everything this week while there is no rain scheduled.  Then, it will be rain or shine...

It did end up to be a perfect camping trip (other than a couple ticks who tried to hitch a ride - one on a friend and one on the dog).
'75 American Clipper Dodge 360 821F; ACOC #3754

jolene

one of my most favorite memories was going camping every easter.. one easter many years ago my hubby and my 4 girls very small were meeting up with my mom, uncle and aunt and a elderly great aunt in a
chinatook...it rained the whole time and we had such a great memorial time...wayne and uncle allen put up a old tarp and we had a campfire under it..great aunt hung out her back door the whole time..we cook and played games and boy did it rain...one of the best times I ever had and love to remember it