News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

I-Phone App For Dump Sites

Started by Clipper Joe, December 10, 2013, 04:52:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clipper Joe

Hello All,

If You Have A iPhone Or Other Smart Phone, You Can Search Dump Sites In Your Local Area.

I Have App. You Put Your Zip Code & It Will Lists Dump Sites In Your Area.

Some Are Free If You Are Elks Club Members, The Fees Are About $10.00 For Most Dump Sites.

This Site Is From: Sanidumps.Com

I Always Try & Dump When I Leave The Camp Site I Have Stayed At. You Pay For The Hook-Up.

Hope This Helps.
Joe
1977 Dodge 440  Rear Kitchen
Note: Clipper Sold: (Miss It)
ACOC#3749
Now Own 2002 Class A Diesel Pusher

Toedtoes

That's great information.  I wonder if GPS devices will find close by dump sites?
'75 American Clipper Dodge 360 821F; ACOC #3754

Sfine

On our December road trip we found that MOST rest areas along the interstates had free dumps!
We were lucky enough to find one every time we stopped, but I don't think they all have them.
All of the sites were located at the far end, almost back onto the on ramp. Little signage.
I imagine the State provides the service to discourage illegal disposal.... At any rate a good find.
And yes, the sanidump app was helpful, you never know where you might find a dump station when your out of state or your area.
I noticed many people had their special dump gloves that they used to dump...eeehhhwww!  They have to be so full of who knows what after a few uses....that's why God made disposable.! Toss EM along with the germs and yuk, and have fresh new clean ones each time....by the box, their cheap.
Be sani- safe !!!
1979 440 Dodge 21' Bunk      #3766
     Murphys, California

Toedtoes

I agree.  If I could figure out a way to make disposable hoses, I would dance!  I hate the idea of storing those things - eeeewwww!

Clipper Joe

Hi All,

Steve I Forgot To Tell You That There Is A Real Nice Dump Site @ Pardee Res. Should Be Close To Where You Live.
Do Not Know if You Pay To Use It. But When I Fish & Camp I Clean Tanks Before I Leave Comes With The Camping Fees.

I Made A ABS Plastic Tube & Mounted On Rear Section Of Clipper, Put Easy Access On End's, I Put My Drain Hose & Disposal Gloves in It.
I Also Have A Square Box That Came With Clipper I Have A Drain Extension Hose There.
I Also Made A Wand That I Put A Water Shut Off on Top & Hose Female Fitting I Use To Wash Toilet & Tank Out, Run Spray Through Toilet.
Works Real Good. Don't Forget Plenty of Clorox Santi Wipes ;D

Joe
ACOC# 3749
1977 Dodge 440  Rear Kitchen
Note: Clipper Sold: (Miss It)
ACOC#3749
Now Own 2002 Class A Diesel Pusher

Sfine

Joe you are truly a Clipper GURU !
In my eyes anyway,,,, you always seem to go far beyond the norm, or average way of doing things..I'm getting there, but still striving for that trait to become effortless! Does it ever !?
I haven't been to Pardee... Ever ! Odd question for ya...What makes a dump site "real nice" !? Compared to any other...don't they all do the same thing ;) ? New Melones is closer to me, they too have free dump with camping.  I don't think the fishing is bad there either.
  Shameful I know. Like living in L.A. And not seeing Disneyland I guess !?!?!?  So give me a reason to...one of the next times that you go fishing there..perhaps we could make it a Clipper trip and meet up. I probably won't bring you any luck on the end of your line, but I can sure cook whatever you catch !!
Another brainfart. Do you use the same hose for fresh water filling and rinsing your toilet? How do you get the hose to the bath...window,,,main door? I ask because the dump valves and our doors are on opposite sides . Who knows what the hose gets dragged thru before it hits our floors! Ehww again,!
1979 440 Dodge 21' Bunk      #3766
     Murphys, California

Toedtoes

At home, I put a Y valve on my outside faucet.  One side has a hose that does "dirty work" like going into the sewer clean out pipe; the other side has a hose that I feel comfortable drinking from.  I use the latter to fill my fresh water tank.

I have two white "drinking" quality small hoses in the clipper for using to fill the fresh water tank on the road, or hooking up to a water hookup at an RV park.  I have a coiled hose in the clipper to do everything else - it's a 25 foot.  It probably wouldn't hurt to get a second coiled hose, but I have to rework storage before I can fit anything else like that.

As I am usually on my own, the one thing I need to get and keep forgetting is a shut off sprayer to keep on the end of the coiled hose.  It's a mess in the making to run the hose into the clipper to the toilet, let it hang over the edge, and then go outside to turn on the water... With the sprayer, I can turn on the water at the faucet and turn it off at the sprayer until I get to the toilet.

I go through the front door - it's on the opposite side of the drain valves also, but the window doesn't open in the bathroom.

Hmmm, if I put that outdoor shower in, I could probably add an opening to run a hose through. That would let me run the hose right through the bathroom wall, instead of going all the way around.  ;D