News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

New Clipper Owner

Started by Tom56, June 15, 2013, 11:53:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom56

My wife and I are the happy owners of a 1978 American Clipper. It has a 440 engine and a rear kitchen. I downloaded the application form to join the owners club. It looks like some has to recommend you. How do you go about this?

Toedtoes

I don't believe you have to be recommended.  They just want to know how you found out about the club - through another member, internet search, etc.

Congratulations on your Clipper.  They are definitely a joy to own.  It's definitely a "living relationship" - you care for it and it will give back tenfold.  I never got that feeling with my old TT.
'75 American Clipper Dodge 360 821F; ACOC #3754

Clipper Joe

Hello Tom,

Welcome to Clipper Club & Forum, Feel free to ask alot of Question, These Clipper Owner Are A Great Big Family. Just as Toedtoes Stated in his Reply.
I have Owned Out 1977 Dodge 440-3 Rear kitchen Since 2000, Was in Sad shape from last 2 owners,
I have done a lot of repairs to bring Wilson That what I call Him, Wife Calls it Money Pit...
So get with your wife & Family & Find a great Name.

There is always things to do to these Clippers.
I have a new Engine & Transmission , Brakes Front & Rear, Have Extra Duty Radiator 4 Core, all new power center & Transfer Switch Relay, Cabon monoxide , LPG sensor,I also install all Vents on Roof & Leak proofed Roof , This is very Important on  Amer. Clipper, no matter What Year You Own.

So post some photos, & ask Many Question?
Good Luck

Regards,

Joe & Denise

Rember nothing is impossible It Just Takes a little  Longer......
1977 Dodge 440  Rear Kitchen
Note: Clipper Sold: (Miss It)
ACOC#3749
Now Own 2002 Class A Diesel Pusher

caninecaravan

Don't know which application you downloaded but the completed on and a check or money order goes to: ACOC c/o Larry and Janice Friedman, 2853 Smoke Tree Circle, Stockton, Ca. 95209. We are the national membership chair people. This allows you to buy parts, etc from the club. These can be a savings. Also the newsletter lets you know when the national rally's are and where they are located. Would be fun to have you join. We are the caninecaravan in a 78 Dodge 440 side kitchen. We don't have  name for the unit but a boat is a hole in the water you pour money into and an American Clipper is a big sailing ship. Have fun.
canine caravan ACOC #3552

Toedtoes

Hi CanineCaravan - I'm still waiting for my membership niumber, I sent in my dues back in mid-April.  I realize the packet may take some time to put together, but is it possible to get my number so I can order parts?  Thanks.
'75 American Clipper Dodge 360 821F; ACOC #3754