News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

A BIG BOTTOM---- drawer

Started by JerryT, August 22, 2009, 06:51:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JerryT

In trying to add some versatility to our kitchen I decided to make a large bottom drawer. I was able to to use the old sides and bottoms the repair/extend my other six drawers, but that's for another post. Here are some pics. Hey John E. how do you like this drawer fix?
JerryT

prophetdaniel2

You, Sir, are obsessed with storage! ;D
Keep up the brilliant work!
-D

John Eversoll

DAMN!!!!!!!!  I wish you were my neighbor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now that is what I call a drawer!!!!!!!!

I am trying to fig out a way that I can get the toilet up to

a height that wont make you feel like you'er not in Kindergarden. 

John E.

John Eversoll

Ok, NOW HERE IS A QUESTION.... hOW DID YOU MAKE IT SO THE DRAWERS DON'T OPEN AND FALL OUT!????

I am very impressed with the out come!! is there a plan that you used or just did it offthe top of your head..

I noticed that the counter in mine is sagging and has pulled away from the wall. So when we do the total remodle I will probably have to pull everything out and start from scratch.

Looks good, You going to replace the panneling or just leave it that way, We started on replacing the panneling in mine but have to take a break due to my back problem.  Will start again in a month or so.  The only draw back is the staining.  Then putting three coats of clear polyurethane on.. sand between each coat.. Long process!!!!
But it is worth it.. John E. ;)

JerryT

Hi John
I usually build what fits the best, with what I have laying around or can pick up cheap. I live less than an hour from Elkhart Indiana where they build LOTS of RV's, and have many good RV surplus stores with LOTS of oddball things/hardware/dodads, makes your brain hurt-- if you like that sort of thing :D My drawers still had the factory "lift to pull" notch in the bottom runners BUT they had worn a groove in the wood supports they slid on and did not want to stay closed. I bought a clear corner protector for the home, cut it into 1" pieces and nailed/tacked them into the corners for the drawer to slide on, and catch on when closed. I had to adjust the notch a bit on a few drawers. I will bet they now work better than when they were new. My big bottom drawer rolls on the floor and has a spring catch on the back, it is deeper than the others by doing that. I plan to have a "fine artist" paint my missing woodgrain back on and then do a few coats of satin poly to protect it and give me the luster I want. When is D day for your back?
JerryT

John Eversoll

Hi there Jerry my boy,
You are sure Lucky to have those places to rumble thru!!!!
My biggest problem is the darn drawers are so small !! the sink drain is right in the way.  I might have to relocate the drain!! I mean the drawers are so small we can just get the silver ware in them!!!  10" x 10"..........
There is one drawer the is 12x12" but I have all the manuels in that one.
and the cabinet under the stove is just enough room to squeeze the frying pan and a pot in there....
I am definately going to enjoy making the room for more..
As far as the surgery....... I am not looking foreward to it but it is coming up in 2 and a half weeks..............Just give me the morphine after and I am a happy camper....ha ha ha ha...I can't take Vicoden, I took it once and had flash backs when I was overseas----- Scared the wife and daughter to death.
They had to call the Local PD. Man that was a day I will never want to go thru again.....
Hada wasp nest in the rig when I started to remove the cieling they started to fly out of the hole that was in the top by the Hatch...I couldn't get out fast enough!!!!  Other than that I love the drawers.  Are you going to widen the over head storage?? I am thinking of doing that,I already have the
lumber and just need the time to get to it.  Take care Jerry,, John E.
:)