News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

My new cup cupboard

Started by JerryT, August 19, 2009, 11:29:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JerryT

We wanted the cups out of the overhead cabinet and a little bit more user friendly so I built a cupboard into the bath/shower wall. I took the mirror that was on the wall and cut it down a bit and made my door, I used some door casing scraps that I had to make the box and shelves, I used wood grain contact paper on the shower wall for my back. I did buy a set of hinges and a knob and latch, so I do have about $8 bucks into it plus the clock :'(  It only protrudes from the wall about 2 1/2" and it is 3 1/2" deep. I wired an outlet to the top of it so I could install my "floating" clock art deco style. I found a night light/clock made by GE, It runs the clock on a watch battery and the face glows when the power is on and it has good old fashion hands that are easy to see. They come in woodgrain too! I liked it so much I installed one around the corner facing forward also. here are a few pics.
JerryT

John Eversoll

That just really looks nice JerryT
John E.

JerryT

Thanks John!
It looks and feels like it has always been there and I love the clock. We can peek in the back door and see the time, and if it's glowing then I know the power is on, or vise versa.
JerryT

John Eversoll

Hey Bro, I am going to make the attempt to remove the wall cabinet the you redid.
and put the piano hinge on... I want to remove it completely.. Then construct something newer
"daaaaaa, it will be new" anyway, I have an idea about the new fridge..
I am thinking of putting it in the closet and constructing a new cabinet where the fridge was...
cloathing ect/ what do you think... John E. ;)

JerryT

Hi John
Do you need to vent the new fridge? let the heat out?
Or do you need to vent your clothes closet and let the ??? out :D ;D ::)
I think I would keep it as built, my closet is pretty skinny to fit in a fridge.
JerryT

John Eversoll

Well, the closet is 22 & 1/2 inches wide  and the new electric frdge is 22" wide.
that will give me 1/2 " play

The new cabinet that will house the pull out drawers will be the same dimentions as the old cabinet that housed the fridge and the micro wave.  I figure that I can get about 5 pull out drawers  for socks and undies Plus about four smaller drawers. 

Now on the vent,? not sure if I need a vent.. No more propane fridge, just electric..Bur I guess I should run some kind of vent maybe on the side of the wall cabinet????
I have the room for everything but not real sure how to /////I know that I will have to run electric along side under the bench to the old closet for 110.  Time to call my brotherin law. He's an electrician..  and doesn't give discounts >:( :o ??? ::)....... Prick.......
I have a friend that is a high school wood shop teacher and he might help me do the drawers.
WHERE IS D I Y WHEN YOU NEED THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just love this site!!!! Especially when talking to you guys!!!!!!!!  John E.

JerryT

Hi John
How about door swing? Will you be able to swing it past 90 deg? Will that matter to you? Just a couple of thoughts.
JerryT

John Eversoll

Hey Bro,  I am going to put a fridge in it tomorrow to check the clearence and the door swing...
I did mesure it out and I do have clearence but will like to see it for myself!!!
Don't want an Ooooooopsie.. If ya know what I mean... I am going to keep the closet door to hide the fridge and also to keep the full lenght mirror... Don't want to ruffle the wifes feathers....
If this rig had no mirror I don't think she would go any place..... "Thats a thought"    NNaaaaaaaa
"But then again I could take the dog with me"
Later gater...  JohnE. :)