News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

how about Cleanest Clipper / Harley contest?

Started by Rodney, August 19, 2005, 09:21:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rodney

:?:
I have a pretty good idea that BigRay has the cleanest clipper contest sewn up :!:
so hears my idea Cleanest clipper / Harley contest?
It's to bad we don't had a place to post these kind of threads that don't really fit into any of the existing places. don't you thing it would be fun to have a place to just shoot the Shi#$% about other things than Clippers. and Clipper / other intestest and how they interact together for more Clippering FUN.
I was sitting out in the garage after a long days work with a weekend looking at me. after a few cold ones I figured I had better pull the Clipper up next to the garage and get it ready for some adventure. Then my 68 FLH kicked me and let me know that I should spend some time with her as well. Since I have owned the Harley longer than I have been married, I figured I had better listen to the bike, after 27 years of being together we better go for a ride this weekend. But the Clipper is calling to me to go play with her. What to do :?:
Boy We got it tough don't we!
Thank God for our Freedom.
Oh by the way the bike is the cleaner of the two, that's only because I have been working on her for 27 years.
When I find something I like I keep it :D
The Clipper is a keeper to. :D
I look at my Clipper as the Harley Davidson of Motor Homes.
Don't you?
Rodney

Rastaman

Rodney...thats a nice looking clipper you got there...gives me something to shoot for.....no coment on the Harley...I ride a Yamaha virago :)

david

bigray

My wife would divorce me if I got a motorcycle. Of course if these dam gas prices keep going up, the  whole family is going to be on a motorcycle. Or one of the ugly little hybrid cars!

PS: that's a clean bike and Clipper, my friend!

Rodney

Thanks Ray
I should have said Clipper / motorcycle not to exclude others. I just havn't owned anything but my '68
I am getting 35+ MPG with my basicly stock 74 ci in. and am running the S&S Super carburator. This is If I ride senseablely which I do most of the time :twisted: Regular I noticed today was 2.79 at the Shell truck stop here in central oregon :cry: This is getting pretty bad :!:
Rodney

Andy Illes

NICE lookin' FLH Rodney.. probably the nicest I've seen your vintage!  Clip's looking great too... but.... uhhhhhhh... no/faded-out Clipper Sticker???

No wonder BigRay likes you.... sigh.

Rodney

Quote from: "Andy Illes"NICE lookin' FLH Rodney.. probably the nicest I've seen your vintage!  Clip's looking great too... but.... uhhhhhhh... no/faded-out Clipper Sticker???

No wonder BigRay likes you.... sigh.

Andy you are beginning to WORRY Me :roll:
I'm wondering if you have the incurable Clipper Sticker Fetish :shock:

There is an old faded sticker back their...Our Central Oregon Sun is so bright reflecting off the back of the Clipper ya just can's see it.
and Thank I have been spending a little time on her this summer but have only riden 2500 miles so far.
bfn
Rodney

Andy Illes

Blame BigRay.... again.  He started it... like usual... with his Cleanest Clipper contest.  

I've said it before... I'll say it again:  That boy stirs stuff up, then just sits back with a Lone Star and cigar, puts his feet up.... giggles like hell while the rest of us fight it out.

Typical Texan rabblerousing troublemaker.... what can I tell ya?!?!

Your turn Horst... :lol:

PS  Just get some stupid decals, ok Rodney?  Have Mel charge 'em to Ray.

Rodney

I'm Gunna get them stickers and some taillights and a few other things I just need to set down for a minute at get an order together. As soon
as I find that cataloug?
R

Robert P. Anderson

Rodney
Just go to the Clipper Home page and click on forms for the order sheet. :)

milliraye

I love my Clipper too! He's a keeper! I call him "Billy Bob"
Billy hadn't been very well cared for when I got him,
I've had to put a lot of work into him and there is still much more to do.
So, Billy ain't winnin no contest!
What a tough choice, Harley.... Clipper..... Why not both?
8)  Stay safe, and in the wind!
         Milliraye
QuoteIf you don't have time to do it right,
When do you have time to do it over?
[/color][/size][/b]

nhoj03

Very nice clipper,........but,.......as soon as I can figure out how to get pics of it on the site I believe mine will be the cleanest. I have a 75 AC, with a rear window across the whole back.  She is pretty clean in and out. Just painted white and in the process of gettin her striped. Not sure yet what color scheme yet though. She had brown and orange, but might go with the blue and red 76 stripe scheme. Whatcha think i should paint.
1975 American Clipper, 21ft Rear Kitchen, Dodge 360, 521F

Rodney

Can't go wrong with Red White And Blue can Ya!!
The more I look at the condition of my Clipper I think a paint job is needed. I have a few stress cracks to take care of and urathane paint will be a lot easyer to maintain in the long run.
Bfn
Rodney