News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Cleaniest Clipper contest

Started by bigray, July 28, 2005, 08:21:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigray

I think Andy is sipping rum......

that black streak you see is a shadow from a nearby tree.......duhhhhh

Horst

yeah - must be on your end - I just tested with Windows and Mac machines - safari, Explorer and Netscape - and my Clipper is there is all her glory....

maybe I won't sell her after all - but two motorhomes at the house? - the wife will not like that and will use it as leverage against me to justify her ridiculous spending habits (can you tell she doesn're read these threads)

hee hee........

Unforunately I'm suiffering from the "bigger boat" syndrome - and can't seem to shake it............
Horst
ACOC  #2961
'75 Clipper 821F, Dodge 360........sold it in 2015.......now running a Ford F-250 towing a 2008 Layton trailer.

bigray

Go ahead and get 2 RV's. I have two. And when pitch the idea of a boat to my wife I'm going to say I don't see anything wrong with having 2 RV's and a boat.....Horst has 2 RV's and a boat.

Andy Illes

LMAO Ray, good one!!!!  Yeah, that oughtta convince her, huh?  If I were you though, I'd wait till Horst gets to a 200' Italian MegaYacht, then you could really move up, lol.

Horst, I found it... bad setting was all.  I just saw your pic and I'm with you, I like that better than the orig too.  I didn't realize you could interchange grilles.  Next time I'm at that Daytona junkyard with all the old Dodge (and other) vans, I'm gonna get one.

Horst

I don't have no boat! (Unless you call my 86 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser Station Wagon a boat - which it is)

Andy - the 72,73 Dodge Grills fits "almost" perfectly - not all the screw holes match up  - but you don't need to use them all anyways - 8 or so screws holds that grille in place just fine - the headlight area matches up perfectly though.
I spent almost two years looking for one that was in good enough condition to install on my Clipper - but I like the results - and seems to let more air in as well.
Horst
ACOC  #2961
'75 Clipper 821F, Dodge 360........sold it in 2015.......now running a Ford F-250 towing a 2008 Layton trailer.

Andy Illes

Poor Ray.... there goes his boat  :(

Horst... no cooling problems (after the road-trip-fixes anyway, lol) and my stock grille looks pretty good after it's patch/paint.  But like I said, I'm with you on just liking the chrome one better.  I don't know about out there, but junkyards down in this corner don't keep old stuff.  The only place I've found that has any of our vintage is the one up in Daytona I keep talking about.... it has literally dozens!!  Not worried about screws, I didn't put all mine back in anyway when I had it out.

Hey Rastaman... any "old" junkyards over around Tampa?  Be an excuse to visit...  :D

bigray

when you said "bigger boat" syndrome I took that as you had a boat and wanted to get a larger one. Didn't realize you were refering to the RV. My mistake..........like Andy said, there goes my boat!

Horst

yeah - just a figure of speech
applies to boats, motorhomes, trailers, guns, houses, generators, lawn mowers, computer screens, TVs, and many other items.........

You always want a "bigger" one(s)................applies to certain parts of male, and female, anatomy as well............
Horst
ACOC  #2961

bigray

I don't want a bigger one I just want to use what I have more. Of course I'm talking about my RV. :lol:

Horst

I want to use mine more too!!
But she is getting a bit old.................

I too am talking about my RV of course...................
:wink:
Horst
ACOC  #2961

bigray

Funny the similarity of the things one cherishes!

dig

25 replies and two pictures??? I thought I would see at least 20 clean Clipper pics  :lol:

This one is awesome. Belongs to the Smith's in Reno -

The Rallys have some very nice Clippers. My Clip is a litte humbled amongst the beauties  8)

--dig

bigray

Wow......that's a beaut!!!!!

Horst

simply......AWESOME!

Could you (or someone) ask the Smith's where they got that air dam?
I  want one just like that!

thanks
Horst
Horst
ACOC  #2961

terry and karen conkle

There would probably be more pictures posted if there was an easy way!  We're not geeks, and between the two of us we can usually get things done, but we've tried- and failed- several times to post pictures, not that our Clipper could win a beauty contest, although it is a beauty in our eyes!   It would be great if this website provided an actual image attachment feature instead of the confusing roundabout option currently available.

By the way guys, is that the same vinyl covering on those cabinets and the fridge that we had in our camper???  We had a hell of a time removing that stuff from ours, but it sure does look good without it!