News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Cleaniest Clipper contest

Started by bigray, July 28, 2005, 08:21:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigray

Greeting Everyone,

I'm a little bias but I think I have the cleanest Clipper around. Share your photos.

Horst

BigRay,
You are disqualified from the contest!
No decal on the front - shame on you!
ha!!

here's mine
Horst
ACOC  #2961
'75 Clipper 821F, Dodge 360........sold it in 2015.......now running a Ford F-250 towing a 2008 Layton trailer.

Andy Illes

And even if it weren't for the DQ, he'd lose anyway.   Just LOOK at that messy dash!!!!!!   Geeze.

Besides, he cheated.   Had all the dirt painted over.

Horst

You have a point  Andy - but then I just realized I may have misunderstood BigRay - I think he meant "the cleanest Clipper around".....Houston!

Texans don't wash their motorhomes do they?
They just wait until it rains........
ha!
Horst
ACOC  #2961
'75 Clipper 821F, Dodge 360........sold it in 2015.......now running a Ford F-250 towing a 2008 Layton trailer.

Andy Illes

Yeah, I know Horst.... these nervy, smartass 26 y/o braggarts with painted-over dirt really grate me too!!!!   Sheesh

And come to think of it... you're probably right about his maybe meaning the cleanest one in Houston... what, with that messy dash and no Clipper decal.  Notice he took the belt-line trim off so he wouldn't have to clean that either?  Guess he couldn't paint those.  

Then again, know what?  Looking again at that dash, missing trim and where the decal should be... he mustta meant some PART of Houston, huh?  Well wait.... on further thought... for ANY chance to win his own contest.... wonder if he REALLY meant his own block?   Mustta figured if he posed his cute Little-Ray-Model munchkin in there, we wouldn't notice those little details, huh?  

Hmmmmm... another thing.  With all those other flaws... wonder why he posed the cute kid right there.... WHAT'S HE HIDING BEHIND THE MUNCHKIN?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?  Bettcha it's a mud-speck!!!!  The nerve!!

HUH Ray?!?!?!?  Thought you could pull one over on us, huh?  HUH??

Horst

yeah - I think the cute kid is covering up a dent in the fender and rust on the bumper............ :lol:
Horst
ACOC  #2961

Conrad

Boy, tuff crowd :!:   I ain't putting mine up util it gets the air intake grill repainted.  You guys will probably ding me for the see-through brown paint stripes on the engine hood.  Now I am gonna hafta put more time into it...

Horst

Well....to be honest......guess I have to DQ my Clipper as well - seeing as I have a 73 grille on it...............I just like how they look better than the stock plastic ones
Horst
ACOC  #2961

Horst

Come on Conrad!
Post a pic of your Clipper - we'll excuse the chipped, cracked and unpainted grille.............there is a feature in Photoshop called "Blur More" - maybe you'll want to use that when prepping your photo??

boy we are a tough crowd...........heh!

Seriously though, many years ago when I bought my Clipper, I spent months cleaning it and fixing (like most of us do, or have done when first getting one) - and then it was (in my opinion) "ready".
So I took it to a Clipper rally - not a big national one - just a local one - in Waterford..........that's when I realized my Clipper wasn't so clean afterall!
There were some proper clean Clippers there - let me tell you.
Overall though. mine is pretty darn clean - and mechanically it is pretty much bullet proof. 100+ trips, and only 1 mechanical failure (coil failure) in the summer of 2001 near Manteca in 105+ degree heat.

Scoop of the week........my Clipper may be coming up for sale.
1975, 360 engine, smog exempt, Edelbrock carb/intake, FlowMasters, new tires, shocks, rebuilt everything, all receipts and Clipper Newsletters, blah, blah.......it's a beauty!
The only hitch is I'm looking for a replacement motorhome (as in BIGGER) - and can't sell my Clipper until I have found what I am looking for - which is   a VERY clean 73 to 75 Vogue, Sportscoach, King's Highway, or Travco Class A coach, for under $10,000.
Horst
ACOC  #2961

Andy Illes

Dammit Horst.... you too????  Bad enough Shayne got rid of his... Ray got that new one (even if he kept his Clip), Aliendude dropped outta sight (probably laying up on top of it somewhere with his Jack Daniels, waiting to ambush someone else, lol).... and now you TOO???  I need my nitro pills!!!

Well, when you do sell it, make SURE it's to somebody with a really great sense of humor (and of course, wonderful mechanical/electrical/glazing/
plumbing/roofing/carpentry/upholstery/carpeting/etc. skills)... and be sure to tell 'em about the forums....  :D

Have to admit there have been times I wished Fred had more room too, but all in all, particularly being able to park in a regular spot (so not having to toad it), he's a keeper.  And in this size, I haven't seen a thing better laid out, no matter how new or how much.  Till I do, Fred's mine.

Yeah... I'd like to see what that '73 grille looks like too... please do post a pic (I promise we won't DQ for it, lol).  Mine was all cracked, etc too, but I Bondo'd and painted it body color last spring, about the same time I made the PVC rear bumper, so it looks ok now.  Not perfect... like Ray's.. but ok.  I'd love to make onna the rallys and see some of the ones you said were near perfect shape.  Be inspirational, I think.

Can't wait for morning, see what Ray has to say when he sees what he started here, lol.

How come more of y'all aren't joining in here and posting???  Trying to let Ray have a free ride????

bigray

Sneak away for one weekend and look at all the slander.

Andy, I have no clue what you are talking about becuase you can't see my dash in that picture. That's a reflection (at least I think). :shock:

I guess I'm DQ'd then cause I love my Clipper but don't like the sticker. In fact, I don't like stickers of any kind. I have one of the those US maps but haven't applied it to the clipper yet. I thought about putting it and the clipper sticker on the rear window.

And for the record.......I'm older than 26. Old man!

Speaking of grills, you guys are going to laugh your buttss off when I tell you that ironically I ordered a new grill and headlight doors (chrome around the head lights) for my Clipper a couple of weeks ago. I installed the passenger side but they shipped the wrong one for the driver side. I  ordered the parts from Rockauto.com.

The shipment for the driver's side came while I was away this weekend. I'll have to install it and post pictures of it. Looks much better!

bigray

Horst........If you put on some wheelliners you'd have me beat. Watch it though.....we'll move to the inside next!

Guys seriously, I think we should have a contest. Categories can include:

Cleanest Original
Most Modern
Best Add on

Whatcha think?

Andy Illes

Ray, you should know everyone's just messing with you.  Your girl looks fantastic with her new paint, and you obviously put tons of time into keeping her slick.   Congrats!!!!

But.... uhhhhhhhhhh.... that dark diagonal streak across the front of the bunk.... hmmmm.  

You're not tall enough to reach that to wash?  Or are ya gonna try to tell us it's just a shadow?

(heh, heh, heh... couldnt resist)

Horst

Andy writes........
"Yeah... I'd like to see what that '73 grille looks like too"

As we say here in Santa Cruz.....
"DUDE!! There's a picture in THIS thread of my Clipper with the 73 grille. Lay off that Jack Daniels will ya!"

ha!
Horst
ACOC  #2961

Andy Illes

Actually, I prefer rum...  :lol:

I only see a blank box with a little red thing in your post Horst... dunno why, cuz Ray's loads fine.  Guess I'd better check my browser over, huh?