News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

76 Clipper (Dodge 440) will not start

Started by syd108, February 04, 2003, 05:50:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Eversoll

Hi guys, About five or six years ago we were driving in the mountains around 10 pm

No street lights....  I made a turn to the right and Myt biggest fears came alive"

Lost "All Lights"   I must say, I had to change my shorts after that!

I took my flashlight and stated checking loose wires nothing happened until I moved awire the goes to the

chassie connection to the fuse box, the lights came on and off we went.  The next day on our way back we both looked at the area we had to stop........ Good thing the wife stayed in the rig, straight drop about fifty feet
Found the problem and it was a corroded connection even though I dead wired the connection I have not had a problem with it since.
john

John Eversoll

Syd108----  John here, just wondering how you made out on the Clipper!!

Did you find the problem????  I don't know about some of these guys "But I get
to wondering what the answer was...
Hope your on the Road and enjoying your rig.  Mine in is for a complete rebuild
and a rebuild trans.  I found out the rebuild kit for the 727 trans is only $80.00
and I found a shop that will rebuild it using my kit. And I still get a 12,000 mile warrenty.
Hope all is well.,  John

John Eversoll

Hi there to all in the Clipper Club,  While reading some of the older posts I am understanding that My rig has some of the same electrical [problems.  And it stems from the junction box the they all run in to the fire wall and connect.  I had my headlights go out while going to Big Bear one night.
Wiggled some wires and they came back on.  The next day I found that the connection box was corroded
and almost all the wireing was the same.  I ended  up runing the wire through the firewall directly.
for the wires that had corroded entirely in the fuse box.  I did put inline fuses in the wireing to compensate for the fuse box.  Just keeping up to the task at hand.  Don't be affraid to try some of these things, it is better than being stuck on the side of the road.
John