News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Greetings Archive Sept 2000 - Sept 2001

Started by Shayne, January 12, 2002, 09:37:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shayne

9/23/2001
Found: 1 1978 21ft clipper in bad state of disrepair. Complete with three flats, and covered in cobwebs and dirt. It's really sad, I've tried contacting someone in regards to the poor girl, but haven't been able to so far. I have just purchased my own clipper and just mailed in my check. I was curious to know if there was a "clipper rescue" organization. If I could find someone - Pat Harper, ACOC# Pending
9/13/01
An open letter to the members of the American Clipper Owners Club and to interested Clipper owners, every where.

As commented on by the webmaster on several occasions. There does not appear to be any planned coordination between the club news letter and the website. In my opinion this is an unfortunate situation. It is easy to understand that the website can not continue to store every communication for ever. If this had been attempted to date, the website would already be burdensome to go through. On the other hand this excellent website is the quickest, most efficient way to get information out to our member ship as well as to others seeking Clipper information. It has proven itself to be the greatest interest booster and source of new membership applications the club has ever enjoyed. Having said that, since the adoption of the website as the primary information source for our club. There is constant duplication of the same questions ask and answered , over and over. As if the past entries were not available, while in fact they remain on the website for a long while. The only check and balance that has prevented some of this reoccurrence. Has been the occasional entry that ties the answer to a news letter entry covering the subject. Giving news letter number and page. It remains a fact that not every club member is on the internet and it is likely that all members never will be. They like always, depend on the tried and true system of the newsletters for technical information, tips & hints, greetings etc. and all club information. This newsletter system with the index has been very effective since Bob & Rhea Cornwell initiated it in approximately 1982. Here again there has been a history of inquiries, sent to the news letter, that plainly indicates members are asking questions before they check their back newsletters. But even so this situation is less prevalent with the news letters than with the website. I think it would be worth the effort. For the members who contribute to this ongoing wealth of information and knowledge to send it directly to the Newsletter editor as well as to the webmaster. Once its in print, it is for all intents and purposes for ever. Contributors sending their input to both outlets would create a system of providing technical information to members which COULD BE withheld from the website publications, if this was desirable. Of course the past news letters and all the new ones are dependent on the index for easy utilization. The  continuation of this index publication would need to be initiated. Whether our editor would be willing to take this job on or perhaps lead the effort to present this task to the club officers for the purpose of finding someone willing to take the job on might be one viable suggestion. Another thing I would personally like to see in the news letters and on the website[ if applicable] would be a column from our very knowledgeable supply officer. Updating what is discontinued, what is new, and a sharing of his knowledge to the membership as a whole. Rather than just to the members that can attend the national meetings. This personalized sort of communication from all club officers, in detail as in the past (if it has dropped off), should be reinstated, preferably in every Newsletter. These comments are not intended in any way to be a criticism of anything or anybody. Rather they are an expression of concern and I hope this is some food for thought. For the continued viability and growth of our club. 
Respectfully submitted Bob Chaney, ACOC # 2626
Well Bob, perhaps we have answered at least part of your question. I will be taking over as webmaster for the ACOC. So being that I'm doing the Journal and the Website, you can expect more communication between the webmaster and Journal editor.     I have some of my own ideas to enhance the website, and I will rely on suggestions from the membership as well. This website belongs to the American Clipper Owners Club, and I will look to the club for guidance on content. One of the things I would like to do is try a forum system that will allow INSTANT posting of questions and answers. I believe this will make the website more dynamic and more useful. Making it possible to get answers in hours, or even minutes instead of days or weeks. Another side benefit is that we can keep the information there for much longer periods of time, and the forum software has an easy to use search function. Once the information grows, we can use the search function to find things quickly and easily.  - Shayne #3146
9/13/01
I would like to join your club. My father and I just bought a 1979 American Clipper 21' bunk style motorhome. We already adore it and hope to be in touch with other owners. Tafhar  
9/13/01
I just bought a 1977 American Clipper 21ft. with Dodge 440 with only 33k miles. Vehicle is in excellent shape, bought from original owner with all paper work for $4000. Will send in membership ASAP. Thanks, John.
Congratulations, John. You are one lucky guy! - Webmaster.
9/13/01
Question: Would like to find any info on the fold and roll American Clipper trailer. Thanks.
C. Howard.
9/13/01
Response: Sorry, this is the wrong place. The Fold and Roll trailers were a later enterprise of Irv Perch after he sold the American Clipper name to Rexhall. You should not call the Fold and Roll trailers American Clipper Fold and Roll trailers. The only connection is Irv Perch. He is retired and what I have heard in not so good health. The Fold and Roll business is closed and for sale. That is all the information I can give you...
Paul Devlas, ACOC #2905
9/13/01
Question: I own a 1980 19 ft. American Clipper, 440 Dodge engine. Could you tell me its retail worth? Can I learn from you how to fix odd and ends on the body? Does the ACOC have group traveling outings? Totally self contained...except generator. Am considering selling it ...or... keeping it. It does not smog currently, should not be a big problem. THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION.. Dee. Thank you for any information...
9/13/01
Response: Dee, what you got there is a very nice motorhome and is most likely a 21' American Clipper. You might have to put some money into implementing some past due maintenance, but once that is done you have a motorhome that can give you many years of pleasure. These motorhomes are 20+ years old but still as much up-to-date as the day they were built. The fiberglass outside is easy to maintain, the engines are strong, and the appliances are simple but once they work they last a long time. The value of a 1980 or 1979 21' American Clipper is between $5,000 and $10,000 depending on accessories available, state of maintenance etc. Some have been sold for more because they were in perfect condition with many extras and some have been sold for less mainly because the owners were desperate to sell. Personally I think nobody should sell below $6,500. These motorhomes are wonderful. The smog can cost several hundred dollars to get it updated depending what is wrong. Get a few mechanics to give you an estimate. I have an excellent mechanic in San Anselmo, California. Email again if you live in or close to the Bay Area.
Paul Devlas, ACOC #2905
9/13/01
Sorry that you have had trouble with service. I have missed the information that I get from the American Clipper. I know that volunteer help is not appreciated very much, but I do appreciate the job that is done. Keep up the work, and hope that the service will get better. Being on the east coast, I don't get to attend the rally's so I have to depend upon this web-site. Looking forward to the up date.
Jerry Karnes, #2984
Jerry, yes it has been a bumpy right for this website for the last two months. I am on another server now and a few things don't work anymore. I am in the process of simplifying links and buttons etc. but at least I will be able to update the website with no servers timing out, passwords not being recognized or an ISP simply hanging up on me over and over again. It took quite a few hours on hold with "customer support" to get this mess sorted out. - Webmaster.
9/13/01
Thanks to your ad I just sold my Clipper. Don Bottoms, Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
9/10/01
Hi, I am trying to get a quote for RV liability insurance from my State Farm agent. The problem is they cannot find the American Clipper in their records (of course) even as I explained to them it is a "rare breed" of RV. They wanted to know the cost of the coach when brand new. It is a 1979 Chevy chassis side kitchen/rear bath model. I have often myself wondered about the costs of these RVs when new..
Can anyone help?
Thanks, Kim Schott, ACOC #3214
Answer: The original cost of his 1979 Clipper was approx. $19,000. Mark Smith #1077
9/10/01
My parents own a 1978 American Clipper and are looking for replacement glass for the upper left side of the camper next to the top bed. Is there someone I could contact for a used on in my area? I live in Omaha NE and would appreciate any help you can afford me. 
Thank you, Denise Smith
Answer: Go to a local auto glass dealer, and he should be able to cut glass to fit the frame. Mark Smith #1077
7/31/01
I found your site tonite, however, upon first view, I was a little confused until I read the message from Mr. Deiter Mahlein about his 1975 model which you tentatively identified as one of the first 20 produced. My 75 model has huge sliding windows on both sides, and another in the back in the bathroom. And, believe it or not, not a chip anywhere! The VIN # on the chassis is F34CF5VL47415, however, since the motorhome is currently in Texas and I am in Kansas, I do not have access to the coach VIN right now. I would be very curious if indeed I did own one of the first made. I inherited my motorhome from my father, and it holds a lot of sentimental value to me. The possibility of it also being unique would only increase my regard for it. Thank you for your website, and you may expect my check for membership shortly. Thanks.....! Marshall.

~~PEACE~~

7/31/01
Response: Marshall, Thank you for your email. Welcome to the ACOC and the world of the C-class American Clipper. One of the senior members of the ACOC might be able to let you know about whether your Clipper is one of the earlier models. Those sliding windows are interesting. Especially the one in the back bathroom. I didn't know that they were ever made with sliding windows. I did learn something tonight! It is amazing how well these Clippers hold up. Twenty-six years and not a chip! Your dad must have taken care of it very well. How many miles on the engine?  Keep contact and let us know what you find out. Peace to you too! Be well.
Paul Devlas, ACOC #2905
7/31/01
Question: We just purchased a 1976 21 foot rear kitchen American Clipper. Would like information on joining the ACOC. We are also looking for front and back American Clipper Decals.
Anne and Andy Buelna
7/31/01
Answer: Anna and Andy, Become an ACOC member. Go to the ACOC page on this website and print the Membership Application Form. Mail the form with a check for $20 to the address on the form. You can order the decals from the ACOC once you are a member.
Best Regards, Paul Devlas, ACOC #2905
7/31/01
My name is Michael Brown, I am the rally coordinator for RallyPark at Lazydays RV in Seffner (Tampa), Florida. RallyPark is a new and exciting 300-site RV campground designed specifically for RV rallies. Among many other amenities-- complimentary breakfast and lunch, a morning newspaper and
full 30/50-amp hook up are included with each site. At RallyPark we really strive to provide an RV rally experience like no other.

We have some great rally package specials I would like to tell you about. In fact, I would like to invite you to join one of the current scheduled rallies, free of charge, and see for yourself what RallyPark has to offer. RallyPark could just be the perfect destination for your next upcoming club rally. 

Please e-mail me back with your current mailing address or call me at 1-800-905-6627 Ext. 4361. I look forward to hearing from you.

Michael Brown
Rally Coordinator
mbrown@lazydays.com
Tel: 800-905-6627 ext. 4361
7/31/01
I would like to thank you for your efforts on the web site. Too often we all don't acknowledge the positive. I assume that you do this for the love of it. I will be re-joining soon and would like to share my experiences with the rest of the members/visitors. I have a digital camera. I don't mind taking pictures of my Clipper projects but I don't know how many pictures or how much text would be helpful or wanted. Can you give me some guidelines? Assuming, of course, that you would even want such information. Oh yeah, the cascade clippers are nowhere to be found. Would you have a contact?
Conrad
7/17/01
Coming to CA. To look @ motor homes listed on American Clipper Web site. Plan on joining ACOC Thank you. 
LD Taylor.
7/17/01
Geez, there is a lot of info here. Spent over 2 hours looking thru, and still not finished. I am a former member, will re-up.... My questions deal with looks and leaks. Wheel trim, where can I get some moons and beauty rings for my rear wheels. The floating axle look... well.... Like an ordinary axel.....

Leaks, What is recommended for re-sealing the window frames? I plan on using a polyurethane (sim to windshield goop) to seal my window frames but am open to other suggestions.

Those little grey flaps on the louvered windows... where does one acquire those? Gonna find your form now and send you all some money.....

Conrad Cinq-Mars
P.S.: How would I get in contact with the cascade clippers? I did a web search to no avail. Thanks
C.
7/17/01
How do I change the status of a clipper for sale to a clipper sold when the time comes?
Paul Zolin
7/17/01
Greetings from Mill Creek Park in Elkmont, Alabama 35620. (8 miles off Interstate 65, near the Tennessee state line.)

We are the McCary's -- Mason and Margie; and have developed a small RV Park on our rural acreage. There are 30 full hookup spaces with 30-50 AMP service, water & sewer. All are pull thru's -- 50 to 65 ft long and can accommodate slide outs and awnings with room to spare. The RV parking is a small part of the larger area (200 acres) which we are keeping as natural as possible to encourage wildlife and wildflowers.

Our Pavilion seats 60 at tables, has a full kitchen, 2 baths, a wood stove for cool weather, & "pull downs" to keep out the cool (or hot) air. We can cater a simple meal if the traditional "pot luck or covered dish" is not in your group's plans. There is also good local food at a couple of eateries 
within 5 miles of the park.

Mill Creek Park is located next to an historic abandoned railroad which our county is converting to a walking trail (Rails to Trails system) We have a beautiful rock bottom creek, wildflowers, wildlife and our own walking trails.

There is no swimming pool, playground, or game room. However we are "modem friendly" and have an air-conditioned room with tables and chairs to play cards or meet with friends. We're strictly for those who love the out of doors and to be close to nature with the convenience of 50 AMP and sewer.

We are enjoying our second full season of business and have attracted the attention of RV Clubs and a number of "snow birds".

We hope to attract your group also.

Please visit our website at http://www.millcreekrv.com. There are a number of pages to be accessed by clicking on the small pictures in the middle of the home page.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Mason & Margie McCary
7/17/01
Dear Sir or Madam, I am interested in purchasing an RV and would like to know if you could email 
me a quote for the value of the following: 1978 American Clipper 440 Dodge CI. Preformed fiberglass, 21 feet long, 79,000 miles. Good condition I would like to know if the asking price is appropriate. Please let me konw if you can provide some information as to how much this RV is worth. Thank you so much! 
Yong-Su White
7/17/01
I have a peculiar situation. I am NOT an American Clipper owner. Rather, I have Irv Perch's old PHONE NUMBER from when he operated his business in Morgan Hill. I have had this number (408) XXX-9152 which is in the old brochures, for the past 6 years and I have received phone calls every single year from American Clipper owners looking for parts or decals. I used to be able to refer these calls to Irv when he was in Gilroy, but that number is no longer in use. I'm just wondering if I can refer any more callers to use the address listed in your site, or if there is another phone number that these callers can be referred to?
Shari Sweeney
6/6/01
HI! I am a 'long ago' member ---I think my old membership number was somewhere in the 600's.....a move, and other situations caused me to loose touch with you, and to have the Clipper that I once maintained and loved.....put in storage. However, the storage place is no longer going to be storing cars/RV's.....so I didn't know "what" I was going to do. I was so glad to think about finding ACOC 'on line'.... and there you were!!!! Isn't the web a GREAT thing!

After going through your site, I decided to get the RV "up and running" again. If anyone knows of a good service/repair place in Southern California--- LAX or Orange County area---it would be a GREAT help to me.  P.S. I also have many photos of the old American Clipper factory. I had the opportunity to visit there and see exactly how our wonderful Clippers were manufactured. Would the club, or anyone, like to have copies? Martha Treadway.
Martha, I would love to have copies. I can scan them, place them on the website and make them available in digital format to other members. I will contact you later this week to arrange for the logistics of this great offer. Possibly Mark and Shayne would like them for American Clipper rallies and the Newsletter. Thanks! - Webmaster.
Martha Treadway, If you have any slides of the Clipper manufacturing process, I would be interested in adding them to the current slide show I already present to new club members at national American Clipper rallies..
Mark, ACOC #1077
6/5/01
I was just trying to figure out how you got that message on the front page of the website about not being able to update the website.
Don French
Don, it is not the Website hosting I have problems with. The problem is accessing the emails that have been sent the last 2 weeks with questions/answers to the website which need to be posted on the website. The website creation program still works fine but I have to get the emails and the web creation program on one and the same computer in order to be able to do "Cut and Paste". Right now I am using the computer at work to access personal and American Clipper website emails. You understand I can not use this computer to do the ACOC website..... My boss would not like it and it could cost me my job. You understand my livelihood comes before the ACOC website..... I am wondering about a few things that concerns you: ACOC membership number and why do I get my emails returned when I reply to your emails? - Are you real or do you simply not want to be found? - Webmaster .
6/5/01
Dear Webmaster: The ad you put on the website was successful. I sold it on the first call. I thought I sent you a message to remove the ad but maybe not cause I'm still getting calls. Thanks for your help. Do I owe you for the ad? Thanks again, Asa Reed
6/5/01
My name is Don Nevius, Memb. #1984 On May 5th, I e-mailed to June for assistance in getting my Clipper listed for sale in the next club bulletin. To date I have not received a reply. I am using my friend's computer. Please, help me!
Don Nevius, ACOC #1984
Don, the best place to list your Clipper is the Internet American Clipper website. In order to place an ad you need to follow the instructions on the "Classifieds" page of the website. It costs $10 to place an ad but the "scoring rate" is many times higher than the Newsletter. On the bulletin only Clipper owners (which already have a Clipper) will see your ad. On the website all the people who don't have a Clipper and are interested will look for a good Clipper to buy. Those are the people you want to reach. Please go to your friend and have him "log on" to: http://www.americanclipper.com . Click on "ENTER", click on: "Classifieds" (on the left, white underlined letters on a blue background). Click on: "How to place a Classified ad". There you will find detailed instructions. Pictures are free with the ad! Mail your check for $10 made out to the ACOC to: 

American Clipper Website 
2413 Fifth Avenue 
San Rafael, CA 94901 

Unfortunately there is little connection between the website and the American Clipper Newsletter. If you want to place the ad in the Newsletter (which is free of charge) please email or mail June P. directly. Good luck with the sale of your Clipper. Too bad we will miss you as a member. - Webmaster. 
6/5/01
Hi There, I was wondering when you might be updating the Tech forum again? I posted a question that I hoped to get a response from soon so we can get our Clipper back on the road. Thank you 
Lori Mcleod # 2927
Lori, I am having difficulties with my ISP (Internet Service Provider) and accessing the website email for updating the pages. They have changed my user name, access code and server settings without telling me and their technical support is not very helpful. I think they are down sizing and combining different companies they bought during the "good times" ( I signed up with West Coast Online which was bought by Best Internet Communications which was bought by Verio) and getting now in trouble putting things in different places on different servers. I am working on it and as soon as they let me back "in" I will update the website.- Webmaster
6/5/01
This 1975 American Clipper, 21 ft rear kitchen, floor plan 821F, VIN: F34BF4V002173 is for sale in pretty bad shape in Eugene, Oregon. Unique about it is that it has a green strip (possibly added?), no generator, and no rear ladder or roof rack. One possibly significant problem with it is that it seems to have buckled just aft of the over-the-cab bed causing the shelf up there to bend and the overhead storage compartments to misalign. Does anyone have a history on this Clipper?
Thanks, Dieter Mahlein, Springfield, Oregon.
6/17/01
Response: Dieter Mahlein, The Clipper you found in Oregon is identified by its chassis VIN # as a 1974 model. It was one of the very first Clippers made. They had a green stripe, no outer ladder, and the windows were a slide to open type rather than a louver style. It would be a rear kitchen model. The coach VIN #, if it were known, would place this Clipper, in my opinion, to be one of the first 10 built.
Mark, ACOC #1077
6/5/01
I just found your website - and the check will be in the mail! Where have you been all these years when I have been tearing my hair out?

I realize that I cannot access tech stuff until I have a member # - and if only you were set up to accept payment via credit card online, we would be talking business right now!!! Ah, well - at least you are OUT there.

Most immediate crisis is caused by helping friend who broke the handle off the black water tank valve - and now the only way to open the gate is with a pair of channel locks - not exactly fun, and not exactly something this solo woman enjoys doing.....but what the local RV repair shop shows for replacement is obviously NOT what it is needed.

My Dodge American Clipper is 1976 vintage - and even though I realize you are much too busy to do anything about all this, I feel better for having stated the problem - and now I will get out of here for a 4 day trip - and I will park near to the camp site facilities!!!

I am looking forward to making some connections, asking some questions, and sharing the most outrageous place I EVER saw an American Clipper - proud as all get out - and, no, it wasn't mine!
Thanks. - Vicki DeBoer, Olympia, WA
5/14/01
I own a 1980 American Clipper, 19'' , 440 dodge engine. It is in need of repair & smog as well as electrical for lights overhead. Could you tell me the worth of this RV?
Could you tell me where and how to advertise it for sale? I am located in Northern California.
(No name, no ACOC #. - Webmaster.)
5/14/01
Response: Most likely your Clipper is 21' (20 1/2 feet to be precise). There is a small chance that it is a 24' Clipper. Not likely, only 25 were made just before the American Clipper Corporation closed its doors. The value is hard to say. It depends on how well it was maintained, how many miles it has and what the needed repairs are. If you can email the webmaster those details I will or another member will answer your question in more detail. 1980 21' Clippers go anywhere between $4500 and $12,000. 1980 24' Clippers anywhere between $6,500 and $15,000. It is rare that a 24' Clipper is for sale and when it is they get sold very quickly (except my 24' Clipper which I assume I am suppose to keep). You can sell your Clipper through this website. Follow the instructions on the "Classifieds" page.
Paul Devlas, ACOC #2905
5/14/01
Dear American Clipper Club - We wanted to touch base with American Clipper Owners Club members and invite American Clipper Owners Club members to camp at Whispering Creek RV Park& Motel, located on scenic Hwy. 190, Newton TX. Since Whispering Creek opened last year, we have built a lovely Club House with a fully equipped kitchen and attached covered deck. Our climate-controlled Facility House has a laundry room, a public phone room and two private bathrooms with showers. We have added nine back-ins sites with 30 amp service to the 10 back-in and 9 pull thru sites that have 30/50 amp service. All 28 sites are full hook-ups on city services. There is a fire ring, small pavilion, and 13 acre Nature trail all for the enjoyment of our park guests. 

Whispering Creek now offers Weekender Packages and, for nature lovers, we host the Deep East Texas Nature Club the fourth Saturday of every month. Please virtually visit Whispering Creek at www.whisperingcreekrvpark.com. Be sure to view the Park Events and Nature Club pages.

We are active members of ARVC (Association of RV Campgrounds), TACO (Texas Association of Campground Owners) and the Newton County Chamber of Commerce. By the way, Newton County, naturalist Buddy Hollis, and Whispering Creek RV Park & Motel are being featured on the World Nature Trails website (www.worldnaturetrails.com ).

If any American Clipper Owners Club members would like more information or brochures, please contact us at wcrvpark@jas.net or call 409-379-8400. We look forward to serving your members in the future.
Sincerely, Charles & Pam Wright and Mark & Susan Karpel
Partners
5/8/01
Hi: I have used this store in the past....they have great prices and good service. Thought some of the other readers might be interested. You can view the site at www.dyersonline.com You might want to add them to your site.
John
5/1/01
Can you e-mail me a merchandise order form? I can't find mine anywhere. Thanks, Robin
Robin Camozzi, ACOC #3164
Hi Robin, Sorry, I am not equipped to do that. It is actually a good idea. I will see what I can do. - Webmaster.
5/08/01
Our "Assistant Webmaster" Shayne Barr produced these down loadable Merchandise forms for us: Follow this link: 
Merchandise Order Forms
4/27/01
Subject: Gasoline 
You'll probably see this message more than once in the next few days. 
GASOLINE This makes more sense than the don't buy gas on a certain day routine that was going around in April or May. Gasoline Prices! Whoever started this has a good point. 

By now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about $1.49 is cheap. Me too! As it is now $1.58 for regular unleaded. Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at less than $1.50, we need to try an aggressive response. 

With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of gas come down is if we don't buy it. But, that's not really a practical option since we all have come to rely on our cars. But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together. 
Here's the idea - For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase gasoline from the two biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL. If they are not selling, they should  be inclined to reduce their prices - and if they reduce their prices the other companies will too. But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of users. But it IS doable! 
I am sending this note to 42 people. If each of you send it to at least 10 more and those 10 send it to at least 10 more, and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth iteration we will have reached over million consumers. Acting together we can make a difference. If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on, or one you compose, to at least 10 more E-mail addresses. 

***** PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO $1.28 - $1.29 AND KEEP THEM DOWN. THIS CAN REALLY WORK. 
Katherine Doyle 
WASHTENAW COUNTY ROAD COMMISSION 
IS Department 
555 North Zeeb 
Ann Arbor, MI 48106 
Tel: (734) 327-6679
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention! 
4/29/01
Mark - I have a better idea. As you know was associated with the oil and gas business for many years. Saw many ups and downs. Here is my suggestion - have each of your other 41 friends each pick a country and compare their cost of gasoline to that in the US. That should shed some new light on the situation. Also while they are at it have them compare the standard of living in each of these countries with the one they are enjoying. As far as Exxon/Mobil is concerned, I know first hand that they and other major oil companies and most of the larger independents are the most community minded corporations in America. Yes, there was the Valdez incident that killed some precious wildlife that can never be replaced. They felt as bad as you and I. But American Airlines, Continental, Delta, etc have accidentally killed many innocent people too. So have the cars built but Ford, GM, and Chrysler. Also look at airfares and the price of automobiles today as opposed to just 10 years ago. This does not make the airlines or car manufactures price gougers or irresponsible. So what is your point concerning the oil companies? This is life. This is America. Deal with it!
Best Regards, Larry Harrington.
4/29/01
Larry, you must be a (big) shareholder of some of the (big) oil companies you are protecting. A barrel of crude oil does fluctuate with the price of oil the OPEC countries are charging us. But right now the oil price is stable and the price goes up and the oil price is not higher than 3, 5, 8 years ago when gasoline was $1.29. It is true that we have gotten used to the high prices and everybody is kind of accepting it because it is too difficult to fight those big corporations. Excuses for oil refinery capacity and switching between winter and summer gasoline configurations are just all excuses to make even bigger profits (which of course will benefit you the shareholder). If there is a reason for a shortage in supply then it is because of the number of SUV's and mini vans sold and the associated gasoline consumption of these monsters. True the American Clipper uses a lot of gas too but there are only 4000 - 5000 out there. SUV's account for 50% of the car sales these days (which are many millions) and they use 50 - 100% more gas. Demand goes up, price goes up. The real reason actually is America's obsession with power. Owning a powerful car even if you are a bookkeeper, a soccer mom or a secretary and you commute 20 minutes to work or you pick up your kids from school in a SUV is ridiculous. This can easily be done in a Honda Accord or a Buick Sedan. No Americans need a Ford Suburban weighing 5 tons and drives 12 miles to a gallon gasoline . Why? The lust for power. America hasn't grown up beyond being an adolescent. America is obsessed with power. Period. The whole world knows it but America doesn't seem to know it and continues to buy more SUV's.
Now I was born in Europe (the Netherlands) and have lived in the Netherlands, Germany, France, Austria, England and Spain. Most cars are much smaller (you see more Mercedes and BMW here than in Europe) and 70% of the price of gas are taxes. Those taxes are used to maintain the freeways and it always amazes me when I am over there, how smooth and how sophisticated those roads are. Potholes are unknown, uneven road surfaces are impossible to find. Signs are clear and plentiful. You have to be asleep to miss an exit on the freeway.
I would like the readers of this response to include Shell oil as well. I used to work for Shell and they are at least as bad as Exxon and Mobil. That was my five cents worth. Back to Mark.
Paul Devlas, ACOC #2905
4/27/01
THE OIL SHORTAGE: There are a lot of folks who can't understand how we came to have an oil shortage here in the USA. Well, there's a very simple answer. Nobody
bothered to check the oil. We just didn't know we were getting low. The reason for this is purely geographical. All the oil is in Oklahoma, Texas, Louisiana, Wyoming, etc.
All the dipsticks are in Washington, D.C.
Mark, ACOC #1077
4/24/01
An article in "Highways Magazine" June 2000 read in part: "The code also requires that all 4-to-40 pound cylinders be equipped or retrofitted with an OPD and a fixed maximum liquid level gauge if they are to be filled after April 1, 2002." I have taken my American Clipper down to the local propane and RV shops in this area for advice on what if anything I need to do by 4/1/02 to be in conformance with the law. They don't seem to know. Can anyone advise me of what I need to do legally? Also what gauge or gauges should be replaced or added as safety precautions regardless? 
Don Davis, ACOC #1557
4/27/01
Don, I don't have the article that you are referring to, but this subject has been discussed before. I recall that the modifications that you referred to, as well as an inspection with re-certification of cylinders every 10 years applies to portable propane cylinders only. These cylinders operate in a vertical profile. Cylinders permanently mounted to the vehicle frame are exempt from these modifications and inspections because they were equipped with an Overfill Protection Device (OPD) and full gauge before being installed. They are also of a horizontal design whereby they operate in a different profile than the regular portable type cylinder such as frequently used on trailers. I don't believe you have to worry about any modifications to the propane cylinders on your Clipper.
Mark, ACOC#1077
4/24/01
Just an FYI (For Your Information) for the Clipper faithful: On a recent trip to San Felipe, Mexico, I experienced a problem. Upon arriving at our favorite little patch of packed sand next to the water, I noticed a drip coming from the water tank drain area. Not wanting to get too involved in Clipper repair while on vacation, I quickly looked for the problem. It appeared to be leaking at or around the threaded elbow connection at the water tank. I tried to tighten the hose clamp connecting this elbow to the drain valve, but the drip got worse. After a day, we found ourselves on the beach with an empty water tank. We managed fine with bottled water, but it was still a pain. Upon returning home, I pulled the tank out, expecting to find a crack. What I found was that the threaded elbow, which points straight down and joins a piece of water line in a close fitting hole in the floor, had broken off. My assumption at this point is that the bumpy road had caused the full tank of water to move laterally. The elbow/rigid hose contacted the side of the hole and stressed the elbow. The elbow was the weak link and cracked. It was an unfortunate and quite unforseen incident. It didn't spoil the trip, but it sure didn't help.
Brendan, ACOC # ?
I know you you are a member Brendan, but what is your membership number? - Webmaster.
4/24/01
Sorry we had to bow out of your club. We have enjoyed the news letter and all the helpful hints. In Sept. of 2000, our Clipper caught fire and burned to the ground. We now
own a new (Rexhall) American Clipper, and love it. We know how the membership feels about that, so it was with sadness we say goodbye. Thanks for all the help and hints.
Eugene and Annette Bouzek, ACOC #1939
4/24/01
How do we go about changing our address with the club?
Jim Foster, ACOC #3172
Jim, mail your change of address to: ACOC Membership Registration, 1822 Flickinger Avenue, San Jose, CA 95131. Hope you enjoy your new digs. - Webmaster.
4/25/01
Who do we contact about changing address. Is it you or do we mail it to the lady that we sent our membership to well be moving in two weeks. Thanks.
Jim Foster,  ACOC 3172.
Jim, I am happy that I have nothing to do with paperwork and membership registration stuff. Barbara is the poor gal that gets buried under the mountain paper of paper. Not an easy job. Please see yesterdays answer for the address. She will take care of it. Thanks.- Webmaster.
4/19/01
Just wanted to let you know that with your web site we were able to sell our motorhome. We had put it in our local papers and we received no calls. We found your web site by mistake and listed our motorhome, and the first caller came all the way from Washington and bought it! Thanks. We were listed under the Northern California site in Red bluff. Thanks, Ron and Lisa Spliethof
4/09/01
Dear Webmaster,
Our Company, Environmentally Safe Products, Inc., manufactures a line of reflective insulations. We have served the building industry for 11 years and we are looking to expand our markets. In the automotive category ours can be considered an after market product. We supply the rebuilder, and the converter, such as Ambulances. The box part of the ambulance is lined in Low-E Insulation to shelter it from the sun's heat and maintain a steady temperature inside to protect delicate instruments and medicines. It gives that "parked in the shade" kind of feeling. The same lining could be applied to sleepercabs for over the road trucks and bus conversions. Low-E is simple and easy to apply. It can be cut with a utility knife and attached with spray on adhesive.

We offer a sheet of Low-E for the auto rebuilder that we call E-Z COOL 2000. It measures 4'x10'. It is approved by the CA. D.O.T. It blocks engine heat, reduces vibration, deadens sound, and will not absorb moisture. Our foam core is made from recycled polyethylene. The foam is faced with 99% pure aluminum foil. It is 1/4 " thin. A lot of NASCAR, IROC AND WORLD OF OUTLAWS racing teams use it in racing. When the insulation is placed on the firewall (driver's side) It will keep the driver's legs cool during a race. The fuel tank and fuel lines are wrapped to keep the fuel cool and more efficient during the race. WORLD OF OUTLAWS drivers use it to cover
their engines in between races to keep the engines warm.

Car enthusiasts that rebuild old cars into the sharp looking street rods use it on the floorboard under their carpeting, under the headliners, in door panels, trunks, and under
the hoods. If you feel Low-E Insulation will work with your product line, give me a call or e-mail me.

Ph: 717-624-3581 Ph: 800-BUY-LOW-E (800-289-5693) my extension is 131. Fax: 717-624-7089
E-Mail: espinc@sun-link.com or heidiz@low-e.com
Web-Site: www.low-e.com or www.reflectiveinsulation.com
Low-E Insulation is also available in 500 sq. ft. rolls. We also have windshield covers. ESP Inc is an Energy Star Partner. We like the word "Comfort".
Sincerely, Heidi Zumbrum, Auto and Racing Division of Environmentally Safe Products, Inc.
4/10/01
Response: A year ago or so I investigated this product, and had a sample sent to me. It will work fine for some things - but I do NOT recommend using it for engine compartment dog-house insulation. They indeed use recycled polyethlyene (read bubble wrap) for the core of this product - and should the foil cover get a nick or cut
in it (which often happens during removal, etc.) - that stuff will melt like hot butter when exposed to doghouse temperatures. I still recommend "Heat Shield" - available at JC Whitney for engine compartment dog-house insulation.
Regards, Horst, ACOC #2961 
3/19/01
Just buying one of the above... needs some work and checking over. We are in Marin County (San Rafael)... sending membership check today... would like some suggestions as to mechanics and shops in our area where to take our 21' middle kitchen Chevy 30 unit... also, what is the 'blue book' price, if there is one, on this unit, 92K miles, without generator, but otherwise seems to be in good shape. Thanks for your advice. $20 membership check in mail! Paul and Marilena Silbey
3/11/01
I just wanted to drop a note. I really like your site, it's a shame you felt that you needed to "lock" all the non-Clipper owners out of the Tech board. There is a lot we could have helped each other with as these Dodge Chassis are not new. I own a '78 Midas 24' so, I didn't join ACOC but my friend with a '76 Clipper will, I printed him the Application. Is there a monthly Newsletter? He is not online. 
J. Castex
3/9/01
I am actively pursuing purchasing a 21¹ American Clipper and I am in contact with leads in both the states of Washington and California. Can I join ACOC before actually acquiring a Clipper? I believe having the ability to purchase the past newsletters and contact members nearby would be a great help in my acquiring the right vehicle. I live in Brinnon, Washington and am interested in contacting members of the Cascade chapter ( or Evergreen Chapter) for any leads about rigs for sale in the Northwest. If you deem it appropriate I would appreciate your passing my name and e-mail address to Bob Chaney ACOC 2626 who I believe lives in my area. If I can¹t join now, you can be sure that I will join as soon as I have purchased a Clipper. I will appreciate any assistance and advice. Bob Mollerus
3/4/01
Hello Paul.- I am looking forward to and/or trying to figure out how to get into the pass word system. What is puzzling me is where, or how, to use the two key words, published in the news letter. Prior to this publication I was aware of the two words posted on the web page, [ACOC, & Clipper]. But never having seen a place to use them and it not appearing that their use was needed, I was not too concerned about it as all the new messages on the Technical , & tips and hints came out regularly. I have been concerned lately , mainly because the web site up date frequency has dropped way off. Which I have began to expect was because the new entries were were being published behind the entry code system. That explains my dilemma about as well as I can put it. Any and all help or advice is appreciated. 
Bob Chaney #2626
3/3/01
Hello, Would you please considering places a link to one or more of my websites. I'd be happy to provide one for you in return at http://www.RV-links.com, which is the common links page for all these sites. Thanks for considering this.
Chuck Woodbury

Free Campgrounds of the West http://www.FreeCampgrounds.com
Listings of free, easily accessible RV campgrounds in the West.

Beginners Guide to RVing http://www.NewRVer.com
Information for new RVers and others who are considering taking up the Recreational Vehicle lifestyle.

Free Fishing USA http://www.FreeFishingUSA.com
A directory of RV parks with private fishing lakes where RVers can fish without a state fishing license.

Out West Newspaper http://www.OutWestNewspaper.com Join roving editor Chuck Woodbury as he explores the American West in his motorhome-newsroom gathering stories for his quarterly "on-the-road newspaper."

RV-links http://www.RV-links.com A big collection of links to websites of interest to RVers.

RV jokes http://www.RVjokes.com Jokes, other humor and funny photos about the RV lifestyle.
2/28/01
Thanks much for the catalog, we were able to order and receive the emergency hatch cover that we needed. We are also 4-wheel
enthusiasts and are in desperate need of info on having a tow hitch put on. we live near Los Angeles airport. Does ANYONE know of a
reliable place we can have this done to our '78 Clipper?
Pete & Mary Weiler, ACOC #3161
2/24/01
Is it possible to become a member of ACOC before actually purchasing and owning a Clipper? I am searching for a well maintained unit to purchase and think that membership would allow me access to information and owners that would be helpful. Are the Cascade and Evergreen chapters in the Pacific NW? Thanks, Bob.
2/24/01
This is where Irv Perch got the idea for our famous American Clippers:

Courtesy: Mark Smith, ACOC #1077
2/24/01
Webmaster, the answer WE received from Mark Smith didn't answer my question. Tune up vacuum is checked at idle. He said something about 2500 RPM. Anyway--can you ask other ACOC members in the next newsletter if anyone can answer my question? I'd appreciate it. Also--I would like to buy a Carter Thermo-quad carburetor from someone who has replaced theirs and wants to sell it reasonably. It has to be off a late 77 or 78 dodge 440. 

Thanks- Ralph Beebe #1120 
PS: I never did hear from the gent that Dr. Bob referred me to for the answer to my question about 440 dodge vacuum at idle. Please run my question by the ACOC members in the next news letter will you? My phone no. is 707-643-5060 in case someone wants to call and discuss it. Thanks Ralph
2/22/01
I NEED A SERVICE MANUAL OR OWNERS MANUAL. CAN ANYONE HELP ME FIND ONE. THANK YOU STEVE DUKE
2/20/01
Hello Fellow Clippers Owners: We purchased a '77, Dodge 440, Party model last November and have been working on it since then. To say we started out naive and
ill informed about the many intricies of owning and maintaining a motorhome would be kind. Foolish fools who fell for the first Clipper they found would be more like it. But a clipper was what we wanted, and is what we got. The rig is now in fairly good shape and has had it first big run with us in a trip last month from Lafayette to San Diego, and, thankfully back. It ran strong, without any problems at 8.1 mpg up Hwy 1. The beaches along the way were beautiful, the fellow RVers friendly and helpful and the lifestyle now fully engrained in us. We love the darn thing. I have three current problems, however:
1. The front escape vent leaks. I believe the frame itself is cracked in several places and the whole unit will need to be replaced. Does the Club still have any of these in stock? Any suggestions/tips on the best roof sealer to use?
2. We are getting a drive line rumble at 50-60 mph. The old service records show the U joints were replaced 2000 miles ago. They are still tight and now greased. Does anyone have any information on the phasing of U joints. As I recall from working on some other cars, U joints were to be installed not in direct line with each other, but rather radially offset from each other by a given number of degrees depending on make/model. Any ideas?
3. We would like to remain generatorless and are looking for ideas on house battery/solar charging systems with an emphasis on good batteries and an economical charging setup.( read this as I am broke and not ready for a expensive system at this time)
We look forward to attending some of the ACOC functions in the future.
Michael and Carol Gray Lafayette, California, ACOC # 3166 (I think).
2/12/01
Although I was scheduled to attend this weekend's national rally in San Lorenzo Park, these pictures will tell you why I had to cancel. Just hope my Clipper is sturdy enough to withstand all the punishment Mother Nature has bestowed upon her. Truck is parked in front of Clipper also blocking it. Big Costco tent collapsed, slid halfway back off RV and steel bracing wedged also on top of RV. Don't know when will be able free RV from this mess. Still snow beautiful to look at. Hope you all have a great time and wish I could be there. 
Annie Regan, ACOC #3045

3/22/01
The 28 inches of snow on roof of my clipper caused left sidewall to bulge at the front and rear corner of the main body. The GMAC insurance adjuster contacted 9 RV dealers but nobody could tell him how walls attach to the body. I Don't want to remove entire wall from body as yet. I looked thru all back issues and could not find anything regarding this problem. Can anyone tell me? Balance of damage (all vents on top of roof, air pipes and caps on roof, escape hatch cracked and leaking, inside paint job) are already fixed.
Annie Regan, ACOC #3045
3/28/01
Response: All the fiber glass panels are attached to the framing of the coach with screws. You will notice the aluminum strip [called screw cover molding] with the black plastic insert all the way around the top of the coach. Similar strips along each side of the coach at floor level and up each side along the back. If you remove the black plastic strip you will see the screws about three inches apart. All panels can be removed independently. Even though the coach was originally fully assembled before it was put on the truck chassis. Mark Smith ACOC #1077 is very knowledgeable about this structure and he has shown the factory assembly slides at national meetings. A side note: Dr. Bob Cornwell, THE CLUB FOUNDER. A few years back at the Blaine Washington meet brought it to my attention that it is a good idea to remove those black plastic strips from the aluminum screw cover molding in order to check and replace as needed any loose or broken screws. If any one out there has wondered what holds our Clippers together: They are easy and advisable to check. Hope this helps. Bob Chaney.- #2626 
2/11/01
I am negotiating to purchase a 1977 American Clipper which appears to be in very good condition. Are there any areas of special concern to look for in these units such as areas prone to de-lamination, cracking or dry rot on the body shell? I understand that Dodge engines like to burn up exhaust manifolds but are there any areas of particular concern about the mechanical components? Having looked at a lot of "stick and aluminum" constructed R/Vs with deteriorating bodies, I must say that the American Clipper and Chinook Class C MH with their fiberglass bodies appear to be holding up very well and make for a sound investment. I look forward to my purchase and anticipate becoming a member soon.
Bob Mollerus, ACOC #: Not a member yet
2/11/01
Good morning,
We have taken the liberty of linking with your very fine website. We would like you to link with us as well. Please look us over www.roamingtimes.com and join us in this exciting time of expansion.
Eileen
e@roamingtimes.com
http://www.roamingtimes.com
2/06/01
We are considering a trip down to Disneyland and I happened to find a website for "Destiny's Anaheim Vacation Park" ( http://www.destinyrv.com/vacation.html ) Do any of my fellow American Clipper owners have any experience in staying there? I'd sure like to know how you liked it, and if you'd recommend it for a stay in sunny Southern  California with adults and kids this summer. Thanks very much!
Doug Kreitz, ACOC #2925
2/07/01
Response 1: We stayed in Anaheim the first part of November. We were not originally planning on staying there, so we found a place in a pinch. We stayed at Anaheim Harbor RV Park. Nice folks, only charged me for 2 nights and we stayed 3.    But it wasn't much more than a big parking lot with hook-ups so I doubt we'll stay there again.

We did wander and check out another park that we could see up the road once daylight came around. Travelers World RV Park. Had I known it was there, that's where we would have stayed. Grassy areas around the campsites, and just an overall nicer facility, especially considering it's in the middle of a city. It is within walking distance to Disneyland. It took us about 15 minutes to walk to the Disneyland Entrance. The Destiny RV Resort looks to be at least 6 miles from Disneyland according to my mapping program. The phone # for Travelers World is 714-991-0100, if you have a Trailer Life Campground Directory, they are on page 350 of the 2001 edition. Have fun and say HI to Minnie for me !  
Shayne Barr, ACOC #3146
2/09/01
Response 2: Travelers in Anaheim is a pretty nice facility. Grass around the pads, large parking pads, friendly park.
Bob & June Chaney, ACOC #2626
2/04/01
Subject: 1980 ameicanclipper. Hi my name is Charlie Brown. I would like to fine a american clipper, 1980, Dodge or Chev. 24 FT in the Washington or Oregon. I been thinking about buying one, now that I found you'r website. I've made up my mine. As soon as I buy one I'll become member if you'll let me.
Think You Charlie Brown.
Un-edited. Yes Charlie, we will enjoy having you as a member!  24' American Clippers come only as Dodge and are very rare (unless you are lucky to find one) because only 25 were made in 1980. You might be better off looking for a 21' American Clipper (either Dodge or Chevy) of all years (1975 - 1980) They are all good as long as the previous owners have maintained them properly. As you see properly written and spell checked messages do look better if you compare the 2/03/01 message below written by Jim, ACOC #3172 and the one written by Charlie. - Webmaster.
2/03/01
Bygones. I hope you are still talking to me and I hope we can all be friends that's why we joined your club. Anyway if anyone is interested, I have all the original materials that came with the Clippers down to the business card of the man who sold ours new. I also have the books on the Kohler generator that's in ours, it looks like it came with the unit. We hope to meet a lot of the Clipper clan this year. 
Jim, ACOC #3172
2/03/01
Webmaster, As a near computer illiterate, I did not have any luck reinstating the JAVA, [what ever that is] on my PC.  When I use the tool symbol on the tool bar. I do not get the field option you told me to use. I have Internet explorer. Now, as of the latest classified format, I can not pull that up either. In the year I have had this machine I have not gotten past email and a few other basic uses. Maybe if all else fails I will be forced to read the directions. Thanks again for the forum, and the great job you do. 
Bob Chaney
Hello Bob, Thank you for your email and your compliment. Let me add besides these fancy "JAVA" buttons (JAVA is a internet programming language developed by Sun Micro Systems) normal, maybe not so fancy HTML (Hyper Text Markup Language) links: Simple blue underlined text. That way everybody can get to the Classifieds and Floor plan pages, even without JAVA. Thank you again for so many great contributions you have made to the website. I always look forward to your answers and tips (and those from other contributors) based on many years experience working and traveling with your Clipper. - Webmaster.
1/26/01
You have two classifieds which do not list where these vehicles are located or a phone number to get in touch with the seller. One is located in Arizona (1978) and the other doesn't say where it's located (1977 - a/c rear kit Dodge 440 less than 60,000 miles $6,500 OBO. Thanks Bobbie.
Bobbie, I am waiting for the $10 check (publication fee for a "for sale" ad) from the Clipper in Arizona before I can release the contact information. - I called the owner of the Arizona Clipper and he promised me to mail the check. The other Clipper was sold. - Webmaster.
1/22/01
I recently saw one of these RV and am very interested in knowing more about the availability of these vehicles and how I might be informed about used ones for sale, what the prices are, mileage, etc. Are there any other RV's that may be comparable. I really like the layout with the kitchen in the rear of the vehicle. Thank you. I reside in So. California.
Lonnie Wu.
Lonnie, check the "Classifieds" page on this website. I am sure you can find there a well maintained American Clipper in the area where you live for sale. - Webmaster.
1/19/01
Webmaster,
1. I've misplaced my Journal with the February meeting date, place and price. Can you assist with sending it to me? I intend to attend.
2. We had a discussion about pricing. You will be interested to know that the Diablo Dealer is currently carrying an ad for a '77 Clipper with 40K miles and unknown condition at $14,300. It is by a dealer, so there you have it. Let the market place set the price and our equipment becomes just that much more valuable. Regards and Happy New Year.
Paul G., ACOC #2559
Paul, Contact Willetta (Secretary/Treasurer). She will get you signed up. - Webmaster
1/16/01
Hello, again. I purchased my father's "Clipper" ACOC #255 and he gave me all the back issues of the news letters dating back to 1982. Yet, I lack the index that cross references the information contained within those documents. Is the Index, 1999 ACOC news listed at $5.00 on the merchandise order form the item I need? I hope so. The newsletters are a fun read, but getting the index for all the newsletters would be very helpful.
Sincerely, John Comunelli #3170
John, yes, that is the answer. The index will save you a lot of time if you are looking for something specific. Welcome to the ACOC! - Webmaster. 
1/16/01
Would you please remove the ad for the '77 Clipper that is advertised by Members 2598, e-mail alan35@gateway.net. Listed as being in Livingston, TX . Thank you. Keep up the good work. Al & Jessie McKeating

P.S. We are now full-time RVers with a 5th Wheel but still maintain our membership in ACOC.
ALL THE BEST IN THE NEW YEAR TO EVERYBODY!
1/13/01
We have lost the E-Mail address to Amercian clippers for sale Can you E-mail us the correct address? Thanks, Karen & LD Taylor http:www.americanclipper/classified/forsale.htm will not go through.
L. D. Taylor
LD, just go to the website http://www.americanclipper.com and click on "Classifieds" in the left top corner of the screen (white text on dark blue back ground). That will get you in the "Classifieds" page. Then click on the Clipper you would like to see/read. - Webmaster.
1/13/01
We just sent in our member ship how long will it take to get back to us? My dad was a member and now I have his clipper and I want to know all there is to know about it and theirs a lot of questions I already have. Thank you 
Jim Foster.
Patience my friend. This place is run by volunteers. I hope with your $20 membership fee you don't expect a full time staff with fast computers and nothing else to do than to serve the Clippering public. - Webmaster.
1/10/01
Hi, Barney and I are relatively new members and hopefully will be going to the National Rally in King City in February. Need to get a few things done on our Clipper to be sure she is in perfect traveling shape. I am intrigued by the advertisement for the Fold and Roll R.V. I tried to call the number on it in Gilroy and do not get an answer. Are they still available? Have they gone out of
business? Sounds like such a great idea for the time coming up when we want to simplify our lives.
Any information on these units would be appreciated. Thanks. 
Casey Flanagan, ACOC #3143
Casey, the last thing I heard about Irv Perch and Fold-n-Roll from Mark #1077 was that Irv had to give the business up because of his age and health. Irv has been working in the RV/Trailer business a long long time. Apparently, the whole business is for sale and everything sits in trailers ready to be hauled away to who ever would like to buy it. If you are interested let me know. I might be able to put you in contact with Irv and maybe catch a nice commission in the process. It was a neat idea Irv came up with .... - Webmaster.
1/10/01
MY NAME IS JAMES DOWNING AND MY # IS 3127 THE NEW IDEA TO ACCESS TECH FORUM IS GREAT BUT AS A WEB TV USER I CAN NOT GET IN, IS THERE A TRICK? AS A NEW MEMBER I HAVE USED TECH. TO ASK AND ANSWER QUESTIONS.
JAMES DOWNING, ACOC #3127, SAN DIEGO, CAlifornia
James, welcome to the ACOC. Please use small letters (capital letters only at the start of each sentence) next time you write. The access to the tech web page will be made easier in the next few days. Thanks. - Webmaster.
1/09/01
Hi my name is Tom Fridley. My ACOC #3016. I can not figure out how to get to tech form page. I am sure I can help with a lot of tech questions as I am a Chrysler parts man with 24 years experience. My '77 Clipper was given to me by my parents 3 yrs ago. They were the original owners. I am looking forward to helping out.
Tom Fridley, ACOC #3016
Great! The ACOC can use all the help it can get. You might make a good supply officer in the future. I am looking forward to your copy. Just remember to use capital letters at the beginning of each sentence. Otherwise editing gets to be a too big of a job. - Webmaster.
12/26/00
Your change to the web page, classified, really looks sharp. Listing them by location was a good idea. Hope you had a great holiday.
Tom R.
12/21/00
After having a great weekend at the ACOC rally held in Buellton last October, John & I headed to Napa, California. As we approached Napa we heard a noise coming from the engine. We pulled out our ACOC membership list and started making some calls to fellow members. Cliff Allen #2629 referred us to Bill McGrath #2643. Cliff bought his Clipper from Bill who had his own mechanic shop. We called Bill and left an SOS message. Bill returned our SOS message that night on my cell phone and referred us to his son, who now operated the mechanic shop and who was very familiar with the Clippers. Fortunately, John was able to fix whatever the problem was so we did not need to take the Clipper to the shop. Although we did not need the McGrath's mechanic shop, it was such a comfort knowing that assistance was just minutes away. Thanks Bill for responding to our SOS. Let this be a reminder to take your ACOC membership list along when traveling on the road. My only regret is not writing this sooner.
Sylvia, ACOC #2874
Great story, Sylvia. Thanks Bill and Cliff, great job. What was the problem you were experiencing? - Webmaster.
12/19/00
My dad and step mother are or were members of your club dad passed away May 31 and his beloved Clipper has been handed over to me which I'm very happy to have I wan
Shayne Barr
ACOC #3146