News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Evans air conditioner leaks water!

Started by Guinnessecco, April 22, 2003, 02:35:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guinnessecco

I just purchased a 1978 21 footer American Clipper, bathroom in the back. It has an Evans air conditioner that leaks water down through it when it rains.  Not just a little, but alot.  The water collects in a shallow aluminum trough (narrow basin) that surrounds the exit for the conditioned air.  When it accumulates sufficiently it pours down through the air conditioner.  Is this an air conditioner which is used on other American Clippers??  Does anyone have experience with this problem??  I thought I fixed it by unplugging the drain holes, but it still leaks badly!  HELP!  This is a very nice RV, but I have had three RV's and have never had this problem - thought with a fiberglass body and roof I would not have leaks!  I cannot use it until I fix this problem.  Yes, the air conditioner does cool.....
mailto:westwindwood@sti.net">westwindwood@sti.net