News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Heading North to Alaska

Started by jdrinkar, July 10, 2002, 04:57:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdrinkar

Just a note to let all of you nice people know to watch out for a Chevy Clipper heading up I-5 from Sacramento.  We are going to park her in an RV park in Vancouver, BC for a week and climb onto a cruise ship for an Alaska adventure.  Then we'll take a week and slowly cruise home along the coast and visit Victoria, B.C.  This will be our first major trip with our unit, so we'd appreciate a few prayers.  Have a great summer.

Shayne

Have a fun and safe trip.  
Shayne Barr
ACOC #3146

lisa bergman

Good luck!  We are right in the middle of a 3000 mile round trip adventure.  So far so good with only a few technical difficulties handled thanks to the website!

Martin2

I am sure you will have a wonderful time!  Good luck and you are in my prayers!  Tom

lisa bergman

We made it!  Our 3000 mile trip rounded up to 4800 miles!  Boy did we see the country!  We had a great trip.  Thank goodness for the website and everyones help and the God Sam road service club (ran out of gas once, needed a jump once).  Looking forward to many years of camping in our American Clipper!  

jdrinkar

Good News:  We had a great trip and our rig performed admirably.  Only one repair was needed, replaced the thermo-couple on the water heater.  RV store on I-5 east of Anacortis, WA. had a replacement.  We traveled the entire length of Hwy 1 to Eureka.  Averaged 10 MPG overall.

Now the bad news:  Went to Truckee two weeks later for a weekend at Coachland Park (nice folks) and on the way home at Big Bend (I-80) we had an engine failure.  Rod let loose and made a new window in the oil pan and block.  Scratch one 400 CI Chev. block.  Anyone out there like to do engine replacements in Sacramento?  She's home again, waiting on me.