News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Update

Started by pdevlas, August 12, 2002, 06:58:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pdevlas

Hello ACOC members!

Some of you probably have wondered about what happened to the former Webmaster
who suddenly seemed to have disappeared from the ACOC American Clipper Motorhome stage.

The things I can tell you follow here below:

Last year was not a very good year for me and hopefully the rest of this year will be better.  
April last year I got health problems and got diagnosed with "Prostatitus" or an inflamation of the
prostate. I am sure some of the (older) members have experienced something similar and know
it is hard to get rid of. The doctors put me on an antibiotic called "Cipro" (same as taken for
Antrax contamination) and told me it was going to clear up soon.

At the same time I had a lot of problems updating the website mainly because the ISP or server I was
using to receive everybodys emails and messages changed hands several times. A couple of times
without the new owners letting me know what the new address was where I could find the messages
sometimes the server simply not responding. The ISP changed from WCO (West Coast Online) to
Best internet, to Verio, to Verio (website) - Eartlink (email) to ICOM with Verio email. The only way
to find out the changes sometimes was to be on a long distance phone call on hold sometimes for hours.....
Of cours I should have changed ISP. Hindsite is always 20/20

Last September two of my co-workers were killed in the terrorist attack and collapse of the World Trade Center.
I should have been there too but I was saved by a miracle. This shook the very foundation of
my being and had to reevaluate my life.

The beginning of October I was diagnosed with the possibility of having prostate cancer and a
biopsy in the beginning of November confirmed that. All 8 needles came back positive with a possibility
of metastasis to other parts of the body.

I got a whole array of treatments including surgery and at this point things are looking up with a
70% chance on making it to 5 years and a 50% chance making it 10 years or longer. Gail and
myself are keeping our fingers crossed! I am 51 years old and wouldn't mind another 30+ years
or longer Clippering. I know my Clipper can last that long!

I sold my 21' Clipper last year August. My 24' Clipper has been sitting in the drive way unused
but as soon as my stitches (staples) come out and I am being cut loose from the catheder I
am wearing as result from the surgery I will be back at finishing the modifications which I have started
on the floorplan of the 24' Clipper: Dinette where the 3/4 rear bed/generator was and kitchen where the
bathroom was (in the back). The new bathroom is "midships"  (where the side kitchen
used to be. Sitting area (convertable double bed and small sofa and swivel chair cockpit) up front with of course the big
queen bed over the cab. Voltaic Solar panels on the roof with a 2kW inverter for running 12V and
120V loads (everything except the roof AC).

I hope all of you are doing well and me being cut off some I assume the ACOC is alive and kicking.
I hope to see you all soon on a possible future rally or just by chance Clippering along the American
Highways or hear from you by email or otherwise.

Love to you all, you are a great bunch!

Paul Devlas, ACOC #2905
Former Webmaster.

jwbeers

Hello Paul,
Sorry to hear of your medical problems and hope all will be well soon for you.
I believe we have your 21' American Clipper with rear kitchen.  We just purchased it in July 2002 and your name was on the previous bill of sale.
John and Beverlee Beers, #3329, Ellsworth, Maine