News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

1979 Dodge 440" American Clipper TRANSPORTER

Started by antoniop, January 17, 2002, 09:51:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

antoniop

Can anyone tell me about this Clipper I own? How rare is it ,if indeed it is what I am informed it is? Is it rare? How about it's value?...The 21' Clipper lacks stove,sink,frig.,toilet,cabinets,tables.There is an overhead area for a mattress [or luggage?].It has overhead Air Unit,a [new]50 gal. gas tank,outside acess area to where there probably was a generator.Newly upholstered seating rings the interior[all facing toward the center. I guess about 18 people could sit inside.The outside recess behind the driver's door [Water inlet]has never been drilled thru or used.Has air bag suspension[in bad shape].Can I get any feedback on this?I may want to sell it soon.I am at e-mail ronuncle@yahoo.com or maybe [better]I can get feedback at this site.I am a current member[til Feb.1].Thank you from Santa Clara,Ca.---antoniop

<Mark Smith>

The Clipper you have was never equipped as a camper. It was used as a shuttle bus at the Flying Lady. There was another one like it only a Chevy, and it sold about three years ago for about $4K.
Mark #1077

antoniop

Thank you Mark.I think I will try to sell this clipper soon.---ACOC # 3270 [I need to empty it out first--[great for my storage of stuff]].

<kma>

I have a 1979 dodge jamboree with a 440 engine. I'm in need of a engine wiring schematic or electrical drawings (wiring diagrams). I have no spark from my coil to distributer. keep blowing out the ECU and think I have a short  from a wire under my dash that gois thru firewall over to balast resister etc. does any one have the wiring harness schematic? thankyou

<Mark Smith>

In reply to <kma>
The wiring diagram is in the 1979 Maintenance manual for that Dodge Chassis. I have a copy of that Manual. I can be called at 408 923-7246 and are located in San Jose, CA. <mwsmith@JPS.net>