News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

need a propane line

Started by Steve Hogle, February 23, 2022, 03:37:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Hogle

I own a 1978 Clipper on a Chevy 1 ton chassis. It came with what appears to be a factory installed propane / gas set-up.
I am looking for someone who will simply build me a new flexible line from the tank to the regulator.
You wouldn't think it would be that hard to find. So far not the case.
I am in Santa Rosa CA and keep hitting dead ends.

Steve H

Toedtoes

It's getting more and more difficult to find folks to work on RVs, let alone old ones.

Suggestions:

An independent RV shop or RV mobile mechanic.

A propane installer.

It'd be a drive, but give McColloch's in Sacramento a call at (916) 929-3510.  They've been willing to do all work on my clipper's RV portion so far.
'75 American Clipper Dodge 360 821F; ACOC #3754

Clipper Joe

Hi Steve,
Welcome On using ACOC Web Site,For Your
Tech Needs.
The LPG Hose Are Special For LPG Gas Only.
I Did Not Talk To Santa Rosa Suburban Propane,
The Are At 12 College Ave.
You should Call & See If, They Can Get You To A Shop That Can Make Up The Hoses,
You May Need.
I Had My Hose For My Clipper Made Up At Kamps LPG. In Hayward, Ca.
Note: Make Sure, Hose Is Made For, Liquid Propane Gas..
Keep Us Informed How You Make Out, And Post So Others Maybe Able To Use Info.

Good Luck,
Clipper Joe
1977 Dodge 440  Rear Kitchen
Note: Clipper Sold: (Miss It)
ACOC#3749
Now Own 2002 Class A Diesel Pusher

Steve Hogle

Thanks to everybody who has checked in on this propane line replacement.
What I should have made more clear in the beginning is that this is for the dual fuel system for the engine, LP gas/gasoline. It's all in the wording.
So far I have been in touch with Blue Star gas in Santa Rosa, they are going to look at it and see what they can do. I will check in with Suburban Propane as well.
As I get this sorted out, I will give a full and usable report back.

Long live the Clippers!

rvguy101

i had a shop build one for me here in alaska. but i can build one my seft now, since i have the kit to do it. i don't shop however, shipping is a lot to anywhere in the Contiguous United States from alaska. but https://www.amazon.com/Flex-Tubing-Fittings-Natural-Propane/dp/B00A2FXB8G might help.
77 dodge clipper, with 20,000 miles. & a 85 Vogue motor coach diesel 35 foot.

Steve Hogle

I finally had my propane line made up at Blue Flame propane in Santa Rosa CA. 8' for about $120. It works.