News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

seat upgrade

Started by missy, July 05, 2016, 08:12:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

missy

I have upgraded the stock seats on Missy to a set from a later model Dodge Mini Van.   I Took out the stock seats and the seat towers I had to lower the towers 1 1/2 inch   Because the new seats are thicker than the old ones.  They made the top plate to match the bolt patern now I have arm rests and a much more comfortable ride

Clipper Joe

Hello,
Nice To Hear You Have Upgraded Your Cab Seats, Would Like To See The Finish Job.
Can You Post On How You Were Able To Get These In & What Year Make & Model The Seats Came From.
It Would Be Real Nice To Have Better Seating With Arm Rests In Our Clipper.
It Really Helps Other Members Who May Want To Tackle This Upgrade.

Thanks So Much,
Joe
1977 Dodge 440  Rear Kitchen
Note: Clipper Sold: (Miss It)
ACOC#3749
Now Own 2002 Class A Diesel Pusher

missy

Not computer lit enough to put pictures up yet.  The seats were from a 2005 Dodge Caravan.  I took the stock seat towers to a metal fab shop and had them cut
1 and 1/2 inches off the tower and weld a plate with the bolt setup for the seats. Bolted the towers back down, bolted the seats on and the seat belts went through the holes already in the seat surround.  The armrests came out the same level as the door arm rests.

Has anyone tried tilt steering in one of these vans?  My long legs would sure be interested.

PS  Pull old seats out place new seats  on tower  measure to get clearence  for the door and seat belts.