News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Clipper parade July 4, 2016 !!

Started by Sfine, July 08, 2015, 08:04:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sfine

I know it's a year ahead of time, but I thought that I'd put it out there.
Just above my town of Murphys, is Arnold, many of you may know that already. It's basically a touristy town with most of the residents being weekenders, but it gets busy on big holidays.
The town hosts a pretty size able parade on the Fourth of July each year, typically consisting of the local merchants floats, old cars fire trucks and the one of a kind entrants.  They like to keep the theme American Made, so with that I thought it might be a hoot to get whoever is interested to participate and organize a parade/rally.   Perhaps I should host a rally that month near here to encourage you all to make the trip.  It's possible to arrange a place to have our rally very nearby. I know the 4th is a busy travel weekend, so may not work for many...but if we can get even a few for the parade.
Let me know if any of you think you might like to play, I'll keep a rough head count and keep the group informed as the date nears again...if we have enough takers, I'll arrange a rally!
Happy travels,
Steve
1979 440 Dodge 21' Bunk      #3766
     Murphys, California

Toedtoes

I love this idea! Count me in! I think it's about time the clippers get some recognition and celebration.
'75 American Clipper Dodge 360 821F; ACOC #3754

Sfine

.....And then, there were two....!
Thanks Toes, I knew I could count on you! We've got a year..the list will surely grow in time.
Yahoo!
     Murphys, California

Toedtoes

Let's keep this topping so others can see it and join in!

Clipper Joe - where are you??????
'75 American Clipper Dodge 360 821F; ACOC #3754

Sfine

Yup, and as the time nears, more will come.
I'm thinking lets just do it no matter how many takers we get, it'll be fun. We also have neighbors (Arnold) with a clipper, BJ & Jeanie, they'll play. So if we can twist Clipper joes arm, that's four for starters.
I will look into accommodations for a group at golden pines RV that weekend, July 4... Or closest Saturday to that date. Maybe not a great weekend for travel, but a good chance for me to host a rally!
Camping, parade, Clippers,...sounds like the beginnings of good times to be had.
Come on gang,! May present a unique photo opp.... Raise your hand and join the fun.
     Murphys, California

Autoarcheologist

Ian Lomax
Portland, Oregon
ACOC Member
1980 Clipper Rear Bath 821F