News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Camco RV Roof Vents Covers

Started by Clipper Joe, April 09, 2015, 08:46:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clipper Joe

Hi Clipper Owners,

Just Wanted To Share This. ;)

Have Read A lot Of Posts, That Are Roof Related, Ie; Leaks, Hatch Problems Etc.

A Roof Vent Cover Does Protect Your Vent Covers.
There Are Many On The Market. Maxx-Air & Camco. I Have Found That They Are Available @
Wal-Mart. You May Need 2ea. They Are About $18.00 Now. You Can Order Online Or Check @ Store In RV Parts. 

This Is A Simple Add On To Put Above Your 14" Roof Hatches.
Note:  *** Do Not Install Any Covers Over Your Bed Vent Escape Hatch. ***

But Note: If You Have Any Cracked Vent Hatch Covers Or Crack In Sealant Caulking,Or Any Leaking Make Sure You Take Care Of That First. :)  You May Want To Clean Old Caulking & Remove Cover Screws & Add New Butyl Seal Tape & Add New Stainless Steel Mounting Screws, Then Add Self Leveling White Dicor Sealant.

These Covers Come With All S.S. Mounting Hardware, Make Sure You Set In Place & Raise & Lower Hatch To Get The Right Amount Of Clearance Then Mark, Then Mount. This Is A Pretty Ease Task. You Will Need A Few Tools & Battery Drill/Driver.

NOTE:   Always Use Caution While On Roof. You Can Also Add Small Plywood To Support Yourself.

If You Have Any Question Feel Free To PM Me.  >> Clipper Joe

Thanks,
Joe

1977 Dodge 440  Rear Kitchen
Note: Clipper Sold: (Miss It)
ACOC#3749
Now Own 2002 Class A Diesel Pusher

Toedtoes

I got them on Amazon.  At the time, they were a couple dollars cheaper than at Walmart, but I suspect that varies, so check both before buying.

I had a minor leak in my bathroom vent.  The vent lid wasn't closing correctly (slightly out of alignment) and rain would drip down.  The vent hood has eliminated that problem.  I just placed them over my current vents, but found that my vents are brittle and cracking.  Once I have dealt with mechanical issues, I'm planning on taking my clipper in and having new vents installed over the bathroom and kitchen and the vent hoods re-positioned over them.  I haven't closed my vents since they were installed.
'75 American Clipper Dodge 360 821F; ACOC #3754