News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Calling all Clipper Cooks!

Started by Toedtoes, April 05, 2014, 08:34:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toedtoes

I am not a cook - I fully admit that.  So, when I camp in the clipper, my choices are pretty basic:

spaghetti
burgers (as a vegetarian, I use the frozen patties and all the fixings)
chili dogs (veggie versions)
tacos
pancakes
cream of wheat (it's a childhood camping memory)
sandwiches

I try to add some simple sides like beans, corn on the cob, chips, salad, etc.

But, I'm sure there are many of you out there who are talented clipper cooks.  How about sharing your favorite recipes?
'75 American Clipper Dodge 360 821F; ACOC #3754

Clipper Joe

Hello All,

Must Times While Camping, You Want Something That Is Quick To Put Together.

A Lot Of Times I Fire Up My Coleman 2 Burner Propane Stove I Have On Camping Table, I Heat
My Beans & Veggies. 

Here Is A Nice & Easy Dish For Dinner. You Have A Few Boneless Clean Chicken Slice In Half Breasts, 1 Small Tub Of Low Fat Sour Cream, Bag Of  Masterpiece Bar B Que Chips.

Wash Chicken Breasts Damp Dry, In Paper Plate Add Sour Cream In Plate Dip Chicken In Season Salt With Black Pepper, Then Put Crushed Bar B Que Chips On Top Of Chicken, Put In A Small Baking Pan, Put Alum. Foil On Top & Bake 30 Min. In Oven, Makes A Good Dinner Dish. I Call It Vietnam Chicken. 

Joe
1977 Dodge 440  Rear Kitchen
Note: Clipper Sold: (Miss It)
ACOC#3749
Now Own 2002 Class A Diesel Pusher

jolene

over the years I have done lots of camping in every kind of rv/tent/van...I even was camping in 1972 with 3 babies and hubby when I had a baby on Easter Morning...anyway on most of my camping I almost always
cook a pot of red beans..usually outdoor but have inside too..also my favorite fried potatoes...usually cook
enough potatoes for next morning breakfast..i make potato, egg, cheese, onion and beans in a flour tortilla.   
that is my most favorite but in my winter camping which I have done so much I like to cook chili and another favorite is 2 cans of northern beans *I like bush brand* and add saute onions, celery, garlic and carrots. in to pot and add some chicken broth and a can of cr?me of mushroom..cook down and put over white rice..it is sooo good..now I am hungry so see ya later..going to find me something to snack on