News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Hey Where Are All You Clipper Folks

Started by Clipper Joe, February 08, 2015, 06:53:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clipper Joe

Hello All,
Happy New Year2015
It Is Now Feb, And Have Noticed, That There Has Been
A Real Slow Start To The American Clipper Web Site...  :(

Wanted To See Some Posts. There May That Some Of Us May Not Have Anything To Write About Our Clippers.
I Have Been Trying To Get My Clipper More Comfortable To Drive Down The Road. Will Be Adding A Few Posts On Rebuilding A Dodge Front End & Replacing Gearbox On The Dodge Clipper Van B-300 Unit. Also Tools Needed For Both These Projects.

Have You All Ordered Your 2015 ACOC Calendar.
I Know Mine Will Be Coming Soon.

So All You Clipper Members, Let's Step Up & Post Some New Topics Or Help Questions You May Have.

Happy Clippering ;)

1977 Dodge 440  Rear Kitchen
Note: Clipper Sold: (Miss It)
ACOC#3749
Now Own 2002 Class A Diesel Pusher

Toedtoes

I'm still here!  ;D

I look forward to your posts on the chassis work.  I've been totally focused on the wiring of mine this year, but should have all that up and running by this next week.  Then there's just a couple small maintenance issues and I should be good.

Hopefully, everyone can just give a little shout out on this thread and let us know what's going on with you and your clipper!
'75 American Clipper Dodge 360 821F; ACOC #3754

quiklives

I'm new, and I've already posted elsewhere, but I thought I'd say hi here, too.

Hi!

SFF

First post for me. Going to take our '78 to Glacier National Park this May, 2015, with a Suzuki on the reciever hitch. Just finished installing a new, blueprinted 440 this weekend, and new transmission seals. We bought this Clipper several years ago for $800 and since have spent vacations in the wine country and at Big Sur, but this will be our first X-Country.

I stole several items for the Clipper from an old Pace Arrow we lived in while building our home in Grass Valley, CA. Our RV now has an A/C mounted in the ext. locker keeping us cool while plugged in, a microwave mounted inside the center passenger side overhead cabinet, and a much larger tri-power refrigerator w. ice maker. I've fixed the cruise control, and run 17.5 wheels in back, keeping the 16.5 wheels in front. I'm considering fuel injection, just for the mileage.

There's another Clipper parked off Lincoln Hwy. in Auburn, CA, but we have not met the owner. Hope to meet some other owners at a rally this year, learning more about RV life.

prophetdaniel2

Ahoy!
    Still in Alaska. We've taken a couple brief day trips but no overnight camping. This is to to the unresolved roof leak. Working on a plan for the repairs and some remodeling, but money is tight. I've just kept the clipper wrapped up for now.
     Also, having five rapidly growing sons sorta limits space ... We look like a clown car at the circus wherever we pull up. I am hoping to aquire a very small bumper pull camper to gut and install bunks.

Cheers!

Toedtoes

That's a great idea.  With boys, you could make it a very basic (aka lightweight) trailer with just a cassette toilet (eliminate the water tanks to reduce a lot of weight).  If you set up the bunk beds to fold up, you could use the trailer to carry bikes, outdoor camping gear, etc. while traveling.

Sfine

Just curious...
Often I read that a new member has joined , usually down in the bottom, near the "last post".
But rarely do these new members get introduced.  Personally, I would find it enjoyable to know more about that member, perhaps we are neighbors, or share a common interest, besides Clippers, or share the same fav camp spot...or whatever. A few of us have met spontaneously on off rally dates and enjoyed our visits.  If anyone knows that they're headed to where it might be fun to include other Clippers...then by all means, invite the Gang!! 
Sometimes it's nice to get away alone too....!
Welcome all new members!
1979 440 Dodge 21' Bunk      #3766
     Murphys, California

prophetdaniel2

Of course tiny tag along camper trailers are the new "IN" thing to have.. So getting one at a reasonable price is the challenge.

MNebulae

Hello!

I'm new (just registered today) and I bought my first Clipper last week - 1978 821F, rear kitchen with the 440 Dodge engine.  I'm in Northern Utah (north of SLC), and have just started my "reno" project - my plan is to keep everything as "original" as possible with a few "tweaks" of my own to make it mine.  I will likely have to do a little engine work (it sat for about 18 months, so the gas and oil are old), but everything that I have tested so far otherwise is in top working order.  I apparently got it for a steal, based on some of the other posts I've seen.

Anyway, hi everyone!  Glad to be here!

-Brandon
1978 821F (Rear Kitchen), Dodge 440.

Clipper Joe

Hello Brandon,

Want To Welcome You To American Clipper Web Site :D
There Is A Lot Of Info On This Site, When You Send In Membership Form, You Gain Access To All Of The Info Threads, The Tech Section Has A Vast Amount Of Info.
Please Send Some Photos, We Will All Like To View Your New RV, Also For Luck Try To Give Him/Her A Name, Seems To Help ;)

I Will Make A Small Suggestion On A Clipper That Has Been Setting For That Long.
1.) Check All Rubber Fuel Lines, From Gas Tank To Carb, Some New Clipper Owners Have Had There Maintenance Shop Preform A Smoke Test On These Line. & Remember To Use A Good Fuel Ignition Hose When Replacing. Some Type Of Fuel Will Rot Out Reg. Fuel hoses.
2.)I Would Check / Change All Fluids IE; Enging Oil/Filter Note: On 440 Cu.In. Takes Short Oil Filter, Transmission, Rear End Gear Oil, Radiator Coolant, Power Steering Fluid, Note Check To See If You Have The Red ATF Style Or Clear Hyd. Base PS Fluid, Can Get At O'Riellys  Auto Parts.

3.) Check All Fan Belts, Check For Wear & Make Sure Proper Tension & Alignment.
4.) Check All Brakes & E-Brake & Check Tires For Age , Pressure & Wear. Note: These Clippers Are Very Heavy When Loaded, With Gas & Water, & RV Supplies.  The Last They You Want Is A Rear Wheel Tire Blow-Out, Does A lot Of Damage To Rear Tire Compartment. :-[ :-[

Again Welcome,
Joe & Denise

1977 Dodge 440  Rear Kitchen
Note: Clipper Sold: (Miss It)
ACOC#3749
Now Own 2002 Class A Diesel Pusher

MNebulae

Joe-

Thanks for the helpful information.  The Clipper is actually in very good repair - it was garaged from what I understand for many years, so the exterior is almost perfect.. just a few minor interior issues and some mechanical things to fix (starter relay appears to be bad, but thankfully it's easy to access) and general maintenance.   ;D

I have already contacted CanineCaravan asking about membership information, so I'm just waiting to hear back on that.

Looking forward to many years in my Clipper!

-Brandon

Toedtoes

If you go to the main page: www.americanclipperownersclub.com you will see a link for Forms. Click on that to get the current membership application.

Caninecaravan is no longer the membership chair. It is now kats793.

MNebulae

<EDIT>

Sorry, that should have said:

Toedtoes-

Got it, thanks!  I'll get the form printed and mailed off.   :)

-Brandon