News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Any Clipper Owners in Texas?

Started by LARRY RAY, October 13, 2014, 03:22:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LARRY RAY

Since joining this site, I feel like an outcast of sort. Seem everyone is on the West Coast or in that area. Would love to be able to meet and great a fellow Clipper owner close to home. Then again nothing is close together in Texas. My poor Baby has been sitting Idle now for about a year and a half. Lakes are drying, (and I love to fish) and long trips alone are just no fun. Wishing all of you the best for the rest of the year.
ACOC# 3514
1978--821F-- ser#48851 440 Dodge  Built on a Dream--Still a Dream.  Let's all keep it that way.

Toedtoes

Hi Larry Ray,

I think this is a common issue for the folks with Clippers outside of California.  As a National Club Member, you get the membership roster.  You might want to look for folks who are near your location (maybe not in Texas, but within a 4 - 6 hour drive) and contact them via email to see about getting together for a weekend outing. 

RDReady is in Mississippi and he is active on the website here.

My other suggestion is to "hang out" on this website more often.  I think there are more folks from outside of California with clippers, but they also feel a bit out of place.  Right now, 3 of our 4 most regular posters are in California, so it's a circular issue - folks see only California folks, so they don't participate, and because they don't participate, other non-Californian folks don't see them and so they don't participate.

I would be happy to help in any way I can from this end to help encourage other folks from outside California to have more reason to be active here.  If you have any ideas, please let me know and I'll do what I can.
'75 American Clipper Dodge 360 821F; ACOC #3754

Sfine

You're never an outcast Larry ray...we're all a big family...bro!
1979 440 Dodge 21' Bunk      #3766
     Murphys, California

kenmel

I am not in Texas but I am in Arkansas, so I am a little closer than California. We are planning a trip to Morgans Wonderland in a year or so, If I can get the Clipper in tip top running condition we may have to have a mini rally of 2 Clippers lol. Ken
Ken and Melissa, 1978 821 FIT, rear kitchen. ACOC #3805

caylie25

I am in Texas! I am a new Clipper own and am having issues with the title to get it on the road but I have one in good ol' Texas! I'm up north near Dallas tho.

Clipper Joe

Hello,
Most RV's For Title Is To Use Vin # That Dodge Put On Driver Door Sill.
The # You Are Refering To Is The Mfg. Compliance #.
I Once Own A 1973 Dodge RV Was A Jamboree.
On The Title They Put Jambo & I Had A lot Of Problem With Calif. DMV & State Smog.
We Changed To Vin # All Was Good.

Some Dealer Must Have Wrote Down Mfg. #.
Just Use Statement Of Facts Form & Use Dodge Door Vin#

All Should Be Ok.

There Is A Hidden Vin # On Frame.
I Will Post It After I Checked My Dodge Manual.
Joe
1977 Dodge 440  Rear Kitchen
Note: Clipper Sold: (Miss It)
ACOC#3749
Now Own 2002 Class A Diesel Pusher