News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Funny you should mention a 1978 rear kitchen

Started by zoot, June 05, 2014, 02:43:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zoot

We also just purchased an AC rear kitchen model, 1978. It runs very well but needs some TLC so that's what we're going to do!

I'm excited because the generator works and so does the roof AC! BOOO YAAA!!

I have a question that I will post here and also a more appropriate area -

We are having a really hard time finding the brake switch - any suggestions on where it is or should be? We have followed the brake pedal up and there is no switch on it... looked at the break booster but there don't appear to be any wires attached to it.

Thank you in advance

Rebecca & Wes

Toedtoes

Hi Zoot (Rebecca & Wes),

Welcome to the joys of owning a classic American Clipper RV.  They are a joy.  I know that Clipper Joe has the same year and model as you, so stay tuned as he will answer your question regarding the brake switch. He comes around a lot, so you shouldn't have to wait long.
'75 American Clipper Dodge 360 821F; ACOC #3754

Clipper Joe

Hello Zoot  (Rebecca & Wes),

Welcome To The Best RV Site, Thanks To All The Clipper Owners Keeping This Dream Alive, & Thanks To Toedtoes, Our Newly Elected Site Admin.

To Answer Your Question, There Is Indeed A Switch High Under Dash, On Foot Brake. It Is Hard To See Has A Small White Plastic Tip On End Of Switch, I Think It Would Be Easier To Gain Access By,, Disconnect Pos.. Thermal Of Battery,, Then Remove Speedo & Gauge Cluster, Should Be Able To Gain Access To The Switch.

If You Want To Go Deeper, I Have A Service Manual That Is A Must, When You Own One Of These Old Dodge MB300 Van Chassis.

Remember, On Prop Valve Down On Frame By Front Disc Brakes, The Is A Safety Brake Sentinel Unit.
Is You Center Light On After Starting Clipper? You May Need To Check Brake Fluid Levels. ;D

Is Your Rear Brake Lights Not Coming On, While Depressing Brake Pedal, Or 4-Way Flashers?

Hope This Helps, What State Do You Live In? & Have You Already Joined This Wonderful Group Of ACOC >>Clipper Owners.  :)

Regards,
Joe & Denise
ACOC # 3749

1977 Dodge 440  Rear Kitchen
Note: Clipper Sold: (Miss It)
ACOC#3749
Now Own 2002 Class A Diesel Pusher