News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

How to remove furnace if 1976 rear kitchen clipper?

Started by hastm, February 01, 2014, 06:16:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hastm

The furnace in our 1965 rear kitchen rig quit heating.
The fan was running but very noisy.
There was no flame!
I need to know how to remove the furnace assy??
Has anyone done that?

Clipper Joe

Hello Hastm,
You Stated You Have A Furnace in A 1965 Rear Kitchen, Is It A American Clipper?

The American Clipper RV Was Made From 1973-1980

If It Is A 1976 Let Us Know? If So, There Is A Front Adjustable Vent & Side Adjustable Vent By Doorway. Remove The Screws From  Side Vent & Behind There Is Where The Supply The 12Vdc Power. Make Sure You Disconnect 110Vac & 12Vdc Power From RV. Mark All Wires Before Removal, Shut Off LPG ( Propane ) Under Fridge & Corner Cabinet, There Is 2ea. Hold Down Mounting Screws, Make Sure You Use Tubing Wrench On Brass Tubing Nut On Tee & Back Up Tee Not To Break Fridge Line >> Tubing Line To Furnace, May Have To Remove Heat Exhaust Screws On Chrome Plate On Outside Of Clipper. After That Carefully Remove Vent Hose Clamps, Unit Should Be Ready To Side Out From Inside Clipper.

You May Be Able To Lube With 3 & 1 Oil Fan Bearings, Problem With No Flame Maybe Thermostat Problem, No LPG, Or Bad Board Or Igniter.

Is Your Furnace Suburban Or Atwood or Coleman ?? 

As Stated Before On Other Posts It Sure Helps If A Photo's Are Sent So It Would Be Easier To Answer These Types Of How To Fix Questions ;) ;)

Does Anyone Else Have Any Other Feedback To Add On This Problem...... :-\

Hope This Helps,
Joe
ACOC # 3749     
1977 Dodge 440  Rear Kitchen
Note: Clipper Sold: (Miss It)
ACOC#3749
Now Own 2002 Class A Diesel Pusher

hastm

The unit is indeed a 1976. We purchased it in 1984 with 97K on it. We put 47K on it!
The furnace is a Suburban.
It quit working several years ago. When attempting to start, the flame would come on but quit after several seconds and no fan.
After that we simply used space heaters.
For reasons unknown, it started working the outing before last.
We used it at Point Reyes just a few weeks ago and it quit during the night. The fan runs but is noisy and no attempted flame start.
Regards.. Mike

Clipper Joe

Hi Mike,

There Are A Few Replacements, They Go By BTU's
Adventure RV Has Them As Well As Camping World, Suburban Has SF Series The 20 or 30 Would Work.

They Run From $500-$700  Very Costly.  If You Want They Have A Ceramic Heater That Runs On LPG.

I Have Been Told They Are Safer Than Open Flame Style.
Next Time I Go To My RV Guy I Can Get You Make & Part# & Price.

You May Fine A RV Shop Like Allied Trailer  ( In San Leandro Or Newark California Camper Repair )

Hope This Helps Mike,

Joe
ACOC # 3749
1977 Dodge 440  Rear Kitchen
Note: Clipper Sold: (Miss It)
ACOC#3749
Now Own 2002 Class A Diesel Pusher

Toedtoes

Just in case anyone is looking for a furnace. I have a new suburban NT-34SP available. If interested PM me and I will provide details.
'75 American Clipper Dodge 360 821F; ACOC #3754