News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

1980 right rear sags

Started by chingaman2001, January 19, 2014, 04:52:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chingaman2001

i have 1980 clipper that sags to the right rear. been looking at the hellwigs leaf spring helpers. i was wondering if anybody here has tried them and will they fit

http://www.sdtrucksprings.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=5859

Clipper Joe

Hello Chingaman,
Sorry to hear Your Clipper Has A Sag Issues.
We Own A 1977 Dodge 440 Rear Kitchen,
I Have A Question Do You Have Air Bags On Rear Axels?

I Had Progressive Helwigs on My Old Ford 4x4
They Worked Real Well, My Springs Were In Good Shape.

If You Springs Are Bad, You Can Have Them Re -Arced @ A Spring Shop, It Is A little Costly.

I Added a New Set Of Firestone Air Bags @ It Did A Great Job On Raise Rear Of Clipper
I Tow A Boat & Trailer I Add About 60psi It Real Helps The Drivable Of Clipper.

Was Worth The Money Good Investment >>> I Think I Have A Post On Web Site, Will Check, If Not will Re-Post Part # of Air Bags.

Hope that Helps,
Joe

1977 Dodge 440  Rear Kitchen
Note: Clipper Sold: (Miss It)
ACOC#3749
Now Own 2002 Class A Diesel Pusher

chingaman2001

Clipper Joe

Hello Chingaman2001,
How Much Air Are You Running in Air Bags?
They Should Be Able To Lift  & Maintain 1-1/2" To 2" If They Are Working Properly.
I Had To Install Them On My 1977 Dodge Clipper Because They Didn't Come On Clippers Till 1978.
I Tow a Boat & Trailer With No Problems, I has Really Help The Ride.

Have Notice That That This Post Has Been Put On Non Member Tips Are You A ACOC Member?

Joe
ACOC# 3749
ACOC#3749

chingaman2001

Yeah I know. I want to be a paying member but don't know how can you help me out?

Clipper Joe

Hello Chingaman2001,

To Join The American Clipper National Club, There Is An App. Form On Home Page, Fill It Out & Send To C/O Larry  With Dues $30.00 Yearly, Renewal A Little Bit Lower.

Hi Lives In Stockton, Ca He Will Process & Send You A Member Number For Your Clipper & You Rec'd A Nice Newsletter, That Has Much Information On National & Rally Info. Really Worth Joining, You Will Have Full Access To Clipper Forum, Tech Sites & A Vast Amount Of Info. & At National Rally Meets You Can Buy Parts From Supply Clipper Jr, Run By Mel. 

It Sure Helps Keep The American Clipper RV Alive.

Hope This Helps, You Can Also PM Toedtoes Admin. She Has A lot Of Info Also.

Thanks So Much,
Joe & Denise
ACOC# 3749
ACOC#3749