News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

She's mine: 1978 Clipper 21'

Started by kenmel, February 04, 2013, 10:20:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kenmel

I traded my 64 Chevy c10 for this 1978 AC 21' rear kitchen in great shape. It has a new generac generator, new toilet, new fridge, everything works. ;D I will get better pics tomorrow.  8) Waddya think?

kenmel

more...

bulldog 1995

nice looking clipper you got there. welcome to the board
77 821 FCIT Dodge 440 w/less then 30,000 miles

kenmel

Well, I got the clipper last night, everything was in as good of shape as I thought. Made a 50 mile maiden voyage to my home in it with no issues. ;D Only issue I have found is a old water dicoloration area around the escape hatch but everything has been resealed and seams to not leak as I was out in it during an hour long  hardrain storm and never saws a drip and could find no dampness. Got to pulling everything out of it and found about 1000 worth of new spare replacement parts (Duplicates of all the new parts already installed plus 5 new sets of belts,new electric and manual fuel pumps, yoke for the trans etc...) All new towels, custom made sheets and pillow cases, cutlery, dishs, basically everything needed lol. I also DO have a full set of manuals for the 78 21' rear kitchen and I mean every brochure, recipes, intructions etc.. ;D It already has had new tires in the last 3 mnths including the spare. Now I am kind of lost as to what to do besides go camping  ??? lol I do need to buy some new cooking pots and pans.  Any ideas for those? I was expecting to have some repairs to do but so far cant find anything serious. It scares me lol. I did manage to convince my wife to let me put a new LCD flat screen on a swivel mount on the side closet wall. I am buying a cd/dvd/mp3 player out of a new luxury Class A off ebay to use for movies and music. Gotta love being pre wired for speakers lol. Pics to come I have been busy picking out what is going to stay.

spokaneclipper

kenmel

Finally... pics :o

kenmel

more...

kenmel

and more... it sure beats how I usually camp lol

WallyDawg

I like it! It looks an awful lot like mine ;)

Clipper Joe

Hello,
What a Nice Clipper, I have noticed your fridge what name & model # & size
I have a 1977 yours is a 1978 correct?
I'm in the process of replacing my Rm 66e Dometic. Have done some checking on newer types by Norcold & Dometic but do not have side room. Have seen on web site ACOC that some put in RM 2510
Really Liked Norcold N412.
Would be great if you have cabinet cut out size from your Manual.

Thanks
Joe & Denise
1977 Dodge 440  Rear Kitchen
Note: Clipper Sold: (Miss It)
ACOC#3749
Now Own 2002 Class A Diesel Pusher

kenmel

It is a 78 and I will check today for model # and check my manuals for the opening info and get some pics. It's not a perfect fit but better than 95% of retrofits I have seen and doesn't run on propane but it works great. It looks like the bottom of the upper cabinent was moved up and new supports for it made from 1x2's and then the door cut down, The wood surrounding it is wood wrapped with contact paper framing it now but it is hard to tell. I am planning on getting some nicer molding and stain it to match as closely as possible to the original. I just got finished installing a 24"LED DVD Flatcreen in it and now my wife just wants to go sit in it to watch movies and get away from the kids lol. I am still trying to find an awning and a boat trailer for hauling a canoe for it but so far no luck. Thanks Ken 8) Edit I found one pic I had of it on my computer

kenmel

Quote from: Clipper Joe on May 22, 2013, 11:56:33 PM
Hello,
What a Nice Clipper, I have noticed your fridge what name & model # & size
I have a 1977 yours is a 1978 correct?
I'm in the process of replacing my Rm 66e Dometic. Have done some checking on newer types by Norcold & Dometic but do not have side room. Have seen on web site ACOC that some put in RM 2510
Really Liked Norcold N412.
Would be great if you have cabinet cut out size from your Manual.

Thanks
Joe & Denise

Well I looked and can't find the manual right this second for the fridge and no model numbers on it, it is a Magic Chef brand so that should make it easier to track down and I took some pics of the cabinent above it and the moulding around the fridge. I will post them ASAP

kenmel

more

Clipper Joe

Hello Ken,
Thanks For Reply, Great Photos, How Do You Upload Photos, Do You Go To Options & Add??

I'm Just In The Process Of Changing Out Orig. Dometic RM66E, Will Post The Info, When Job Completed, One Thing The New One Dometic RM2510.2R, Had To Take Front Passenger Seat Out & Bring Through Cab Side Will Not Fit Side Entry Door.

Regards,
Joe & Denise

1977 Dodge 440  Rear Kitchen
Note: Clipper Sold: (Miss It)
ACOC#3749
Now Own 2002 Class A Diesel Pusher

kenmel

Hi Clipper Joe yeah when you hit reply it will say attachments and other options click on that then hit browse and it will take you to your pics on your computer click open on the pic twice and then hit add another attachment. You just have to make sure the pics aren't too big to upload. Yeah I am glad mine had a new one, one less thing for me to do. I have a sputtering and backfiring problem that happened for about 2 minutes and then started running right again after not being started for 2 weeks and a dead battery because I have a draw on it I can't find. GRRRR lol 8) :o