News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Pick n Pull bummer.........

Started by Horst, February 13, 2010, 06:34:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Horst

I've been frequenting the Pick n Pull wrecking in yard in Moss Landing since forever.......
Probably been there 100 times.......
today, for the first time ever..........there wasn't a single 70s Dodge van...........
a sad day, and I fear there will be more to come...

Now, there was a 77 or 78 Clipper in the "RV Cage" - a place where you are not allowed to go in - what they do is regularly pull one RV out of there and stick it in the yard.
I asked the manager when the Clipper would get put in there  - and she said she didn't know - but that I could call regularly and ask.
Some other interesting rigs in there as well.
If I'm able to find out, I'll let you all know if/when that Clipper gets put in the yard.
Horst
ACOC  #2961
'75 Clipper 821F, Dodge 360........sold it in 2015.......now running a Ford F-250 towing a 2008 Layton trailer.

John Eversoll

Man , There are 70's dodge vans out here in Souther Calif.

Like crazy......   I have been yanking the speedos off from everyone that I see is in good condition.
It is a crime to see those 440's just waiting for the scrap heap....
Let alone the 727 that sits behind the Narly Block.
Wish I had room!!!!!!!
John

John Eversoll

Horst, is there something in perticular you are looking for at the wrecking yard???

Cuz if I run across it I will send it to ya....

John :)

Horst

John
I'm not looking for anything in particular  - I just look around and "know it when I see it"
but I'm generally on the lookout for:
a spare gas tank (36 gal poly)
air dam
glass (rear bath "smoke" glass from Clipper) - and other glass
good chrome bumper, bumper guards
usual plastic engine stuff (water tanks for window washer, radiator over flow)
etc., etc.

thanks - but don't send me anything - I'm broke right now anyhow - but if I see something I really like - I'll buy it on plastic
Horst
ACOC  #2961
'75 Clipper 821F, Dodge 360........sold it in 2015.......now running a Ford F-250 towing a 2008 Layton trailer.

mccammonds

I'll get in line right behind Horst for one of those 36 gallon poly tanks.   If anyone sees one let us know.

Both side window cranks assemblies are broke but it looks like I may have to replace the whole window to fix that problem.
SOLD MY 1975     821F      360cc  ACOC #3645
FULL TIME IN A 21FT WAS NOT CONDUCIVE TO A HAPPY MARRIAGE.  NOW HAVE A 34 FT BOUNDER
U.S. ARMY RETIRED

wanderer

Hi John,Horst,   
I have a 1976 dodge B300 Amer. Clipper. I am hoping that 440cu. in. still has an air cleaner housing.   I am looking for a" OEM Air Cleaner Housing" that fits a 4 barrel carburetor.  The former owner changed to an after market air cleaner. This makes it hard to get the RV smog check.       My email address is langsum@prodigy.net    Thanks   James

John Eversoll

Hi James, I don't know where you are located.... But Look at any and all the years

from 76 to 79... They were pretty much generic from what I understand but then again I am not Horst or Jerry....  They" are the pro's....

I always go to Ecollogy auto wrecking yard in Santa Fe Springs...  If they don't have it,

It was never made!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me know what ya come up with...  If ya still can't find anything I will look around for ya.........John

wanderer

Hi John,
I would really appreciated if you locate the OEM air cleaner for 4 barrel carb.  Let me know how much money and I will pay you for it.  I have been on line looking and have been unlucky.   Thanks again for your help.   Take care.

John Eversoll

No  Pro Blameo ,  Will search and destroy !!

I will be going to the wrecking yard this Saturday
and should let you know the out come Saturday afternoon.

Take care, John