News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

aIR BAGS

Started by John Eversoll, July 30, 2010, 02:06:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Eversoll

Hello,    Hank , I have a question.........  The  "Air Bags "

how are they connected...  To air"--   air bags--

are the supposed to have air lines???  if so where ...  My bags are flat..

and I find no lines to them or from them...    Any suggestions??!!!!!!

Confused John!!!

Hank Jourdin

Hey John, Just use google or yahoo Firestone air bags and you will find what you need. Yes each bag has an air line running to schrader valve just like filling a tire. They are fixed somewhere near the rear bottom fender flange on each side.  Hank Out.

John Eversoll

Thanks Hank, I hope I am not bothering you....

If I am-- well--- get used to it....LOL

I will crawllllll under the rig in a few and see what is "or " isn't there.....

John

Hank Jourdin

Hey John, No bother, did you see the firestone flick on google tells all ! Hank Out!

John Eversoll

Hi there Bro, I managed to get on my back and check

the rear area..  "Found them"   Now to see if they hold air...

That would be a good thing...   It looks as If I might be able to crank the new motor over this weekend.....YEAAaaaaaa

I have to get some trans line  and make a line for the oil cooler...

he next thing to do is get an exhaust for the rig....

USNRetired

Hey John!  I am following your saga avidly and am learning from your searches and successes!  AND the occasional setback.  :-(  LOL!  But I did want to thank you for all of us other "newbies" for sharing your progress with everyone.  I sent my membership check in last week and am waiting avidly for my package.  I'm also waiting for your final success so we can meet up, maybe at San Onofre Beach or something like that!  Being retired military, I can make reservations on the Camp Pendleton side of the beach .. much nicer, about 1/3 of the sites are right on the beach, most others are just "across" the street from the beach.  Super nice camping with minimum of water & electric hookup, and half the spaces have sewer hookup too.  Jim
Jim & Marina in Beautiful Oceanside, California
ACOC #3714
1977 Rear Kitchen Party Model (821FC)

John Eversoll

Sounds great Jim!!

Just let me finish the Rig and we will connect!!

The wife is looking for a trip!!

John

jon

Were the air bags an option? Just courious. I have them on mine. they work really well especally to level the thing out on the pad.

Horst

Air bags for leveling - not me - I'll forget to balance them out when I leave.

I use these
http://www.lynxlevelers.com/lynx_levelers.html

one of the best goodies I ever bought for my clipper - lighter and stronger than 2x6 contraptions, adaptable, etc.

$30 at wallymart and other places
Horst
ACOC  #2961
'75 Clipper 821F, Dodge 360........sold it in 2015.......now running a Ford F-250 towing a 2008 Layton trailer.