News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Hi All

Started by cpcarroll, January 13, 2010, 07:23:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cpcarroll

Well we are back in Oregon now and have been since Nov. 15 the AC did well on the trip home
After the freeze we had the clutch fan started went out so I need to replace it while I am in there I will replace the water pump and the stat. also will replace the valve cover gaskets.

Things I have done are -
Installed storage to the left of the stove in the the lower cabinet
Rebuilt the drawers under the sink to make them longer
Shorten the closet door

Things are getting better all the time. In the spring we will start getting the permits for the property in Christmas Valley hoping to be able to move over there late May /early June. The AC will be our home while we getting things set up for the 5th. to move over there. So AC (Clyde) will need to be ready to go before spring.

Just a update for all.
Chuck

prophetdaniel2

Good to hear things are going well.
     Seems like we have a rash of fan clutch problems going on. ;D

John Eversoll

That is a rash in its self----LOL---

Hey caroll,We will be in Bonanza sometime in March...

Working on the property.   Hope to start building there in April or May.......

Maybe we can hook up at the Black Bear resturant...

Take care, John

cpcarroll

John
That might be a good start for a day.
Will you be staying at your place there or what? Just working or are you going to do some camping?

Lator
Chuck

John Eversoll

I would like to stay on the place!!!!

But I have to put in a septic tank  in before I can stay on the property.

that is the county law.... and I don't want to start screwing with people

I have to get the "Well " put in as well, The County has given me a list of things that

has to be done before I can stay on the property.  It seems like a bunch of hurdles

but I am going to have to do it.  I want to be out of this state by the end of this year.

ramble on .......... I will let ya know when we are coming up..  John

dreedy650

well John,  all those county laws, rules, regs???     Im not sure where you are at, were approx 30 miles south of canadian border in washington state.  Not bad laws we can dig holes , shoot guns, ride atvs ect no one bothers you... u should move here  lol

John Eversoll

Hi Don, I guess it is pretty much the same thing up there but I have to

jump thru hoops first.   But realy I don't mind as long as I am going to live there.

Just give me a garage and a tapper filled with O'duels and a place to hang my rifles

I am fine.. 2 acers Plus...I can have fun there!!!!!!

John Eversoll

Hi Don, I met to tell ya where we are Located....

Look for 140 E in Bonanza Oregon on the computer and you will get an idea of where

we are going to live..  We don't even have an address yet!!!  Plus we found out that we are going to raise the population of Bonanza to 397 when we move there...

I am going to keep very busey,  garden and planting some cherries trees

and other things the wife wants done..... :) :) :) :) Later gater,  John

cpcarroll

John
When will you be making your first trip to this year to Oregon or do you even know yet ?

Chuck

John Eversoll

Hi there Chuck,  I am hoping to get up there this March.

Probably will take the train!  rent a truck when we get there...

Most likely get a room at motel six.  Then the work really begins..

First dinner will be at the Black Bear resturant"  What's up???

:)John

John Eversoll

Hey Chuck,

I just got another git of news from the Local govt up there....

We can live on the property as long as we are going thru the building process

of  a real home.   Other than that we can camp there but NOT permanently..

Sucks huh..  that be fine though, we going to buy a Modular home and have it put on the property...
We stay intouch and when it ready come over for a bbq....  John

John Eversoll

Hi Chuck, How ya doing????

We have bought a home in Chiliquine!!!!!  :)

We will be bringing up stuff this January and living there full time starting in March!!!!!!!
We are very close to the Williams river, so briong your pole "
Will be in touch later with more details..   John :)

19julien59

John...where ever you go make sure you check the local county rules.  I am in Colorado, and Grand County has the restrictive "zoning" type rules you ran into, but Larimer County allows "camping" on your land with no improvements. Larimer even has special building permits for cabins...that don't require any utilities and don't require a Certificate of Occupancy. 

I had land in Grand County and sold it for land in Larimer for these reasons.  So glad I did now, as pine beetles have killed nearly all of the trees on my old lots.  Less of a pine beetle problem on the eastern slope (though they are coming).  Looked for new land with more aspens and firs that don't get the beetles. 

Good luck on your development! 

John Eversoll

Hey thanks there neighbor...

Yea I am soo stoked just to get out of this ^%$#@*)

State.......  But as it is we got a good deal.. I am trying to get my other 4x4 fixed so we can use it up there..
I havent registard  it since may of 95...  had to rebuild the motor and the trans..  I thought that the Rv came first... the 440
and the trans had to be rebuilt..Now that is out of the way
I can consintrate on the 4x4..While at the same time I am restoring my 71 Chevelle.  Aint life grand.....sigh

Later Gater,  John  :)