News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

traveling with toddlers

Started by winkycherry, December 03, 2009, 11:59:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

winkycherry

Grandma wants to buy another AC.
I bought my first one in 1977 and spent a year with my 5 yr old son going from coast to coast and back again 365 days!!! We circled the US, and covered 45 states plus Quebec.
Now my son wants to take his family on a similar adventure, however they have a baby and a toddler. Please tell me how and WHERE to install car seats for these babies.
winkycherry@comcast.net

prophetdaniel2

Greetings Winky!
     In my state (Alaska) Vehicles manufactured without seat belts are exempt from the seat belt laws( My Clipper has aftermarket front driver and passenger lap belts, UG!), Or so I understand. HOWEVER, I don't feel that is safe or convenient considering I have four sons between the ages of 1 and 8. Here is how I work it:
-Baby John gets his seat installed in front passenger seat, that's just the way the cookie crumbles!
- The rest get to use one of the 4 lap belts I purchased at Walmart and installed around the dining room table, with or without boosters.

FYI the only safe rider is the baby in my opinion. followed by the riders closest to the driver around the dining table, then the driver, and lastly the most dangerous riders are at the dining table furthest from the driver (closest to the rear, sitting above the left duel well)

Pretty much You gotta do what gets you by and pray for no accidents. If your state forbids passengers to ride without extreme restrictions, ride with the shades pulled.

In reviewing your situation with my Wife, we agreed that I (dad) would drive, Toddler would ride in passengers seat with a 4-point harness (typical) baby seat installed, Baby would ride in back with mom, alternating from unsecured (yup-Scary!) and in a baby seat (dining table down-baby seat installed) mom would ride side-seat over the generator.

-D checking in, just got home from work tonight! WOOT!

John Eversoll

Hey PD 2
How did the construction go ??
Did you get finished with the make over....
How have you been.  Is the rig running ok.
Well,  I just thought that I would say hello..
Take care and see ya next time.   :)John

prophetdaniel2

Hey John, Hows the recovery?
     operation Face lift is ongoing, as I just got back from work. The rig is still down, probably for the winter( unless the wife kicks me out permanently ;-)

John Eversoll

He there PD2, The recovery is slow and I have been getting Musscle spazzums

at times that can be real emberissing.  But I am Danish and very stubborn! I will get better

I juswt got my son's Christmas gifts today and will send them to him on monday.

He lives in Verginia and I haven't seen him in about 5 yrs.  I hope that you have a great christmas and don't get snowed in
Don't feel bad about the rig being down..  Mine is too and will get up and running when I get better

Take care,   :)  John

prophetdaniel2

John Eversoll

Ohhh You are sooo bad,---   Pick on an old man

-----UR on!!

:) :) :) :)   John

take care PD2  --   You are a real Kick!!!   Thanks!!!! :) :)