News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Misc pics from last year

Started by JerryT, March 12, 2009, 09:56:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JerryT

Hi all
Here is a pic of my Clipper at a campground in the Michigan U.P. and a pic crossing the Mackinaw bridge. Also the Lake Superior shoreline.
JerryT

JerryT

And a few more, the last is proof that a 31 series Trojan deep cycle floor scrubber battery will fit (barely) in our Clippers! ----78#'s of joy and power!!!
JerryT

clockwork

Morning Jerry;
Thanks for sharing the pics. The paint job looks nice and keeps your Clip looking as good as most new C's on the road. Ever since I saw your dome mod, your Clip reminded me of something I couldn't put my finger on. Until this morning. Your Clip looks like you added an AWACS array! Jerry's American Clipper: Keeping America safe! 

JerryT

Thanks---I think :D
While I was installing the 3/4 neoprene insulation in the dome I considered first covering the inside with heavy duty aluminum foil to reflect heat. Then I let my mind wander a bit and thought of such things as lightning storms, micro wave transmissions and border crossing xray scans and just decided to skip it :-\
JerryT

dadw

Hi Jerry,
           I was amazed when I saw your pictures you just posted.  You have really done a great job on your rig.  My frame of reference is that I just bought my Clipper before snow fell a few months back.  I am still learning about these rvs.  You have created high possibilites for these rigs.  Seeing that they are all getting pretty old  our imagination is crucial for our remodeling ideas.  Enjoy. 
                                           Fellow Cipper owner
                                           Bob W (Bay City,  MI)

JerryT

Hi Bob
Thanks for the kind words! I do enjoy working on the Clipper, it really lends it self to modification by the way Irv designed and built it along with his choice of materials. Tell me about your rig, year, engine, floor plan. Is it ready to go or does it need some work? I bought mine from the original owners in 05 not too far from you in Midland Michigan. It spent it's first 25 years in Pennsylvania until dad gave it to daughter in 03, but she decided to sell it as it needed more work than they could do and could not afford to hire it all done.
Now that we have two of us here in Michigan I suggest we start the Great Lakes Chapter of the ACOC.
Since I have seniority I am going to make you President, I will be Treasurer and the dues will be $50.00 and you can send it to me anytime :D Our first rally will be at my place in Kalamazoo, only $40.00 a night with a three night minimum of course! Firewood is $2.00 a stick (nice big ones) and you can run your generator all night if you want because there is only one hook-up and it's mine ::) Maybe we can meet up some time this summer, any good campgrounds in the thumb?
JerryT