News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

1977 American Clipper 21' FOR SALE - Portland/Vancouver

Started by hovering, April 10, 2009, 10:47:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hovering

Our 1977 Class C 21' Dodge American Clipper RV Motorhome is FOR SALE. $1,500.  Priced low because it needs work.

http://hovering.com/ads/american_clipper_ad.jpg

We have owned it for a decade and traveled the United States and Baja Mexico extensively in it. You can't beat the layout for

its size. We comfortably long-term camped on the beach and in the desert with 2 adults and 2 dogs. The interior was redone

in high quality red feaux fur a few years ago. We haven't traveled in it for 2+ years and it has been sitting in storage for that time.

I visited it in February and it turned over and idled with a couple of turns of the key (no jumper cables). It does need work though.

Fortunately this classic style RV is built upon a Dodge Van so it is relatively easy to work on if you are familiar with its vintage.

For images, you can visit: http://www.domesticblissinc.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=21344

Please feel free to ask any questions or set up an appointment to take a look. 15 minutes from Portland, Mill Plain Rd at I-205.

This has been a fantastic motorhome for us over the years. With work, it could return to the road for more adventures.

Thank you.  ~Hovering & Laura

I visited the RV at the end of March.  It seems the sideways rain has entered the rear vents and there is some water damage to the back ceiling.  The American Clipper has a fiberglass shell so that is why I think the rain came in sideways through a vent.  It is a bummer but it is fixable.

The RV started fine and idles absolutely beautifully (for a '77).  There is one low tire on a rear dually so the RV still has not been driven.

Here is what I know should be checked or done to it.  Full engine tune.  It is running great but has been sitting for over 2 years.  Will need to be DEQ'd but you can get a temporary trip ticket from the DMV for moving it if you need to.  Electrical connections should be cleaned.  Fuel system checked.  The sending unit does not work so the gas tank will need to be checked out.  The grey water tank has a leak when full so that should be patched.  The furnace needs an overhaul.

Interior systems are good.  Plug it in for power or carry a generator (it does not have a generator).  Refrigerator and Freezer are good.  Propane good.  Hot water heater good.  Water pump good.  Stove and Oven good.  AC good.  It is really comfortable inside and in great shape except for the recent water damage at the rear.

She needs work but has been priced accordingly.  She is a great size RV for living or travel.  She gets 8-10mpg.

If you would like to take a look or have any other questions, please let me know.  I am available.

Thanks.  ~Hovering