News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

The Clipper Club is alive

Started by hastm, December 23, 2008, 04:04:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hastm

Hello:
Just a note to say that the National Clipper Club has three outings a year. The next one is the weekend of 02/20/09 at Casa De Fruta in the Holister area. There is a Clip Junior which is a trailer pulled by Mel Guerrera which has a large number of Clipper parts etc. on board. There is also a quarterly newsletter.

The local (Bay Area Clipper Club) has monthly outings. The January rally is at Campers Inn in Dunnigan, CA the weekend of the 02/17/09.

The web site usage is sporadic but none the less has some good information and yes you need to be a member to get to the Clipper Forum where most of the "hardware issues" are dealt with.

Membership buys you a quarterly newsletter, availability to the Clip Junior (parts and supplies) band the Clipper Forum (knowledgebase)

If you have questions or need info just let me know.

Regards... Mike (hastm).  I am the current National Wagonmaster.

JerryT

Hi Mike!
Would you please explain what (I am the current National Webmaster) means for us non tech guys. I am in Michigan and would love to attend a national event for the Clippers, if not so far away. (time vs $ thing)
I have been re-doing our 78 and am behind on my postings and pics. I also have some interior work planned for this winter, if it ever stops snowing :'(
You and everyone have a Merry Christmas and a Fun New Year.
JerryT

clockwork

So there are 3 national and monthly local AC club outings and no one posts any pics?

Help we Clipper Owners too far to attend what I am sure are memorable outings live vicariously through your experiences!

dave

ClipperFan

just curious, how many clippes show up to these rallys???

Judyhh1

Will American Clipper stickers be available at Casa de Fruittao?  Also, do you have any idea where I could
obtain a manual for a 1977 Clipper?

Thanks for any help.

Judy

caninecaravan

AT the last national rally we had 15 rigs. For the club outings it varies but usually no less than 5 will show up. If Clip Jr. is at a national rally you can be sure that there will be stickers for your rig.
canine caravan ACOC #3552

PatricParamedic

Hello, Mike:

I have recently renewed my membership after some time overseas.  I am now the Assistant General Manager of Costanoa Resort, on the coastline, just north of Santa Cruz, California.

Over the years I have managed several large resorts, including Thousand Trails and Pauma Preserve, both in north San Diego county.  I have never experienced a better campground "layout" and amenities than here at Costanoa.  So my question is, how might I have our place considered for one of your Clipper Rallies?

Thank you for your terrific website & be safe in your travels,

K. Patrick McDonald
Costanoa Resort & Campground
650 879 7304 (direct line)

JNC

Hi, I'm in Vancouver, Washinton and I would like to know more about the evergreen clipper club. We have a 1978 21' on a Dodge chassis with a 440. Thanks JNC

hastm

Hi Jerry:
First I should mention that I had a "little typo". I am not the National Webmaster but rather the "National Wagonmaster". What I do is arrange the three National outings and assure that the weekends go OK.

The Club is down in members these days but not out. We had 9 Clippers at our Casa De Fruta, California outing. We had a rally in Oregon a year or so ago. Other than that the ralleyes are generally within 150 miles of the San Francisco bay area.

The club does have a quarterly newsletter and parts are available at the summer and fall outings.

The real webmaster no longer has a Clipper but we are looking to re energize the site and hope to have him continue with the boards help.

I have a 1976 Clipper with 140K on it. It does OK for us. No cross country stuff though.

Regards.. Mike

Quote from: JerryT on December 25, 2008, 05:53:26 AM
Hi Mike!
Would you please explain what (I am the current National Webmaster) means for us non tech guys. I am in Michigan and would love to attend a national event for the Clippers, if not so far away. (time vs $ thing)
I have been redoing our 78 and am behind on my postings and pics. I also have some interior work planned for this winter, if it ever stops snowing :'(
You and everyone have a Merry Christmas and a Fun New Year.
JerryT

hastm

Whoa:

First I should mention that I had a "little typo". I am not the National Webmaster but rather the "National Wagonmaster". What I do is arrange the three National outings and assure that the weekends go OK.

The Club is down in members these days but not out. We had 9 Clippers at our Casar De Fruta, California outing. We had a rally in Oregon a year or so ago. Other than that the ralleyes are generally within 150 miles of the San Francisco bay area.

The club does have a quarterly newsletter and parts are available at the summer and fall outings. News and updates regarding this site will be in newsletter. Our next National Outing is at Betabel near San Joan Bautista, CA on May 8 thru 10. With any luck, I can figure out how to have the registration on this web site. The fall Rally is at Gold Strike near San Andreas, CA. The registration etc, is also in our newsletter.

The real webmaster no longer has a Clipper but we are looking to re energize the site and hope to have him continue with the boards help.

Sorry for the goof! Hopefully there will be some forward movement on this site soon.

Regards.. Mike

Quote from: hastm on December 23, 2008, 04:04:07 PM
Hello:
Just a note to say that the National Clipper Club has three outings a year. The next one is the weekend of 02/20/09 at Casar De Fruta in the Holister area. There is a Clip Junior which is a trailer pulled by Mel Guerrera which has a large number of Clipper parts etc. on board. There is also a quarterly newsletter.

The local (Bay Area Clipper Club) has monthly outings. The January rally is at Campers Inn in Dunnigan, CA the weekend of the 02/17/09.

The web site usage is sporadic but none the less has some good information and yes you need to be a member to get to the Clipper Forum where most of the "hardware issues" are dealt with.

Membership buys you a quarterly newsletter, availability to the Clip Junior (parts and supplies) band the Clipper Forum (knowledgebase)

If you have questions or need info just let me know.

Regards... Mike (hastm).  I am the current National Wagonmaster.

hastm

Hi:

I have never been to Costanoa but have heard good reports. My wife and I will try to stop bye to see the "lay of the land".  I just posted another message indicating the club outings, web site situation etc. We have a hearty Bay Area clipper group which meets monthly. There is very little national activity (that I know of).

Hope to see some changes come along with the web site etc.

Regards.. Mike

Quote from: PatricParamedic on February 25, 2009, 01:45:40 PM
Hello, Mike:

I have recently renewed my membership after some time overseas.  I am now the Assistant General Manager of Costanoa Resort, on the coastline, just north of Santa Cruz, California.

Over the years I have managed several large resorts, including Thousand Trails and Pauma Preserve, both in north San Diego county.  I have never experienced a better campground "layout" and amenities than here at Costanoa.  So my question is, how might I have our place considered for one of your Clipper Rallies?

Thank you for your terrific website & be safe in your travels,

K. Patrick McDonald
Costanoa Resort & Campground
650 879 7304 (direct line)

JerryT

Hi Mike
Maybe I'll get out to Cali from Michigan sometime soon to enjoy one of your rally's. We are on the edge of
spring here and I got Clipper fever read bad!!!
JerryT

John Eversoll

Hi Jerry, I am myself getting Clipper fever...........

The motor is toren down and getting ready for a freash life

for the 440.   While the motor gets rebuilt we will be modernizing the interior.

I am going to have the trans rebuilt while I am at it.

I have been showing my daughter how to tear the motor apart, Actually telling her and she is doing the work.  "Daddys girl"
I was wondering if when we get things rolling and ready for the road We might post it and see if anyone else would like to Hook up at some location...
I am in southern Calif. and can travel at least 600 miles and spend at least a week at a location.

What do you think??? John

hastm

Quote from: JNC on February 28, 2009, 11:50:22 AM
Hi, I'm in Vancouver, Washinton and I would like to know more about the evergreen clipper club. We have a 1978 21' on a Dodge chassis with a 440. Thanks JNC

Hi: Not sure how the "quote works" but here goes. To the best of my knowledge, the only active Clipper group is in the San Francisco Bay Area. There is also a national organization also out of the bay area. If you find a group there, please let me know. I know there was a National in Oregon  a couple years ago but that is the extent of my knowledge.

We have a pretty active group in the Bay Area, There are monthly rallys with the local group. The next one is at Marble Quarry in Columbia, CA on the weekend of 09/18/09. The National is at Goldstrike near San Andreas, CA on the weekend of Oct 23. We (my wife and I) are the wagonmasters. If you need more info or want to join, let me know. Essentially the active people (going to rallys) are the same people for bay area or national. ala the incredible shrinking club. Don't let that bother you though since there is still significant Clipper activity as can be seen on this site.
The web site info is quite out of date regarding the actual clubs but hopefully it will become better soon.

Regards.. Mike

John Eversoll

Casa De fruita"

Love that Place!!! first time we were there we ran into the clipper club having a round up.. Nice group of people...

I must say that having the crap scared out of ya when you open the door of the coach and have a PEACOCK SCREAM out loud will make you want to wash your cloathing.!!!!!   Great Place!! close to MY FAVORITE PLACE
GILROY THE garlic capital--- try the garlic ice cream!!!!!!! Yummi!!!!!
The garlic cookies just melt in your mouth.. When we get the rig up and running Let's have a get to gether and meet there..!!! John E. :)