News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Cab Ceiling

Started by AnnandEd, October 25, 2008, 01:02:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Eversoll

O M G Jerry,  Hang on to it for a few more years and it will be an antique!!!!

You can then sell it on E bay.  LOL  :)

JensenMartin

Is there anything under the ceiling carpet that I could possibly use to bolt a bracket for a CB to without having to weld or even drill through the roof???

John Eversoll

Other than the sheet steel there is nothing....

jon

You can drill a couple holes for the mounting bracket and It will work just fine. I put a cb on the ceiling in my old pickup in high school. I just drilled four small holes where the bracket mounts. then put in self tapping screws. just make sure to use the smallest bit possible so the screw has a lot to grab. I beat he living hell outta that truck. I'm a Nebraska farm boy. Our trucks out here get more off road miles in a week than any city trucks see in a lifetime. the only trouble I can see for you is if you have carpet on the ceiling is the carpet fibers getting stuck and wrapping around the drill bit. Thats why I mounted mine on the ceiling in that truck (no carpet). It was really tough getting the screws started through the carpet on the floor.