News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Big hole in roof over bunk!

Started by JerryT, December 10, 2007, 10:39:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cpcarroll

Horst
What years are the vintage grills from that will fit a 1978?

Thanks Chuck

JerryT

Hi Chuck
I think 71 to 73 are the early grills, anybody else?

JerryT

Horst

I'm not 100% sure here - but I think, like Jerry said - they were made from 71 to 73 (maybe 70 as well??) - anyway, they do fit my 75, and I'm quite sure a 76 as well - not totally sure about other years - but my guess is no problem - (except maybe for 1980)- there are two or three screw holes that didn'tt match up - but no worries - the other 8 to 10 hold it in place fine - most importantly, the ones around the headlight matched up perfectly (on mine at least)

have you found one somewhere?
Horst
ACOC  #2961
'75 Clipper 821F, Dodge 360........sold it in 2015.......now running a Ford F-250 towing a 2008 Layton trailer.

John Eversoll

Hey Buddy, how ya doin...

Ya know I had the hardest time finding a grill for my 77....

Fact is I bought three before I had one that would fit right..

One broke after I put in the last screw... It seems like they are not bent "formed the same way...
I matched them up and the 77 has more of a bend in the center...

I used a grinder and ground out some of the inercenter to compensate

It did seem to work. Well tomorro I be putting in the newer seats.

Then moving on to get rid of that fridge.  Like I told ya, I bought the electric fridge

for $165. it is taller and deeper ot as wide so I will have to build a cabinet for more food storage.   Got to load up on that Spam!!!  Love that stuff...We should be leaving for oREGON THE SECOND WEEK IN August ..  sorry about the Caps...

Will try to hook up with Carrol one we get up there....
Take care,  John

USNRetired

JerryT, You know you've done a terrible thing, don't you?  Now I'm going to have to install one of these thayngs in my '77 Clipper.   I'll have to wait until summer, so I can do it in my RV storage lot.  Cutting the hole and installing the nose over the hole should go pretty fast (I hope).  But it sounds like one heck of a project!  But from what I see of the Photographic results, the results are fantastic.
Jim & Marina in Beautiful Oceanside, California
ACOC #3714
1977 Rear Kitchen Party Model (821FC)

JerryT

Thanks Jim!
Yes, it goes on quick for the size of the project. I spent more time trimming the inside than I did outside. I used mine all summer untrimmed, just so happy to have the room. With the vent on top it did not get hot inside. I added 3/4 neoprene foam insulation to the dome, might have used 1/2 if I did it over again. The insulation did not seem to make as big of a difference as I thought it would. I tell people I got the Motorhome at a NASA auction ::)

JerryT

Toedtoes

'75 American Clipper Dodge 360 821F; ACOC #3754

JerryT

Hi All---Jerry T here---Just wanted to say hi and mention how much we like the dome I installed on our Clipper. Had I not put it on we would have found a different coach, all caused by buying a thicker and very comfortable mattress. We use our Clipper all the time and get asked frequently ---what is it---who made it---where can I buy one. The smaller coaches seem to be in vogue right now and I am glad I have ours, truly a quality rig.

Toedtoes

Welcome back JerryT!   Please let us know more about what's going on with your clipper.
'75 American Clipper Dodge 360 821F; ACOC #3754