News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Gas leaking from sending unit

Started by SierraJoe, May 25, 2019, 03:58:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SierraJoe

I need help with a part number for the 36 gallon gasoline tank on my 1977 Clipper. It's leaking at the base of where the gas line connects to.the sending unit. Any info would be very much appreciated. Napa could not find the part but suggested having someone solder the connection if we can't find a part number. I'm hoping someone on the forums can come up with the part number.
77 821 F 1 T Dodge 440

Toedtoes

No idea on the part number.  But this guy can rebuild your old sending unit no matter the condition.
http://www.tristarrradiator.com/
'75 American Clipper Dodge 360 821F; ACOC #3754

SierraJoe

Thanks for the link, I decided to have the leaky connection soldered by a mechanic friend of mine. My gas and water temp gauges are dead on my dash, so probably during the winter I will repair all at once since the sending unit is pretty easy to remove. I plan on installing a aftermarket temp gauge as I don't like driving around not knowing how hot the engine's running. I'm slowly getting everything back up and running. Yesterday I got the house battery working, it turned out to be a missing Buss fuse. I think the previous owner blew the fuse because the battery connections were labeled incorrectly. I wasn't quite sure of the size of the fuse so I made an educated guess. This afternoon I'm going to move the house battery over to the generator compartment as my house battery is too big for the battery compartment and I don't want it to fall out when I turn a corner on the road.
77 821 F 1 T Dodge 440

SierraJoe

Fuel leak is now fixed! I wasn't happy with the solder job so I took the fuel sending unit to a radiator shop to be soldered and was very happy with the results. I moved the battery back to the battery compartment after I remembered that batteries produce hydrogen gas and it was not a good idea to have it next to the convertor and fuses.  :D Today I got the hot water heater working after cleaning up the connections. I replaced the safety pressure valve thinking a 42 year old pressure valve was probably not very safe. Tires are ordered and will be in next Monday. I'm very pleased with how things are going and will hopefully take the Clipper out in the next couple of weeks.
77 821 F 1 T Dodge 440